• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First time poster and wanting to try to become part of this club.

I live in Toronto and I saw a couple of people on this board from there.

What is the best way to buy one? I see Kijiji and some guys selling raw comics but not sure how to grade or trust?

What should I be looking out for?

Suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.p

Greetings,

If you know nothing about comics then you should really seek a CGC blue label slabbed book or if you like signatures yellow label. There are many dealers here and if you are serious about buying a copy then post in the Want to Buy thread - I am sure you will get lots of enquiries - Good luck

Oh, and Welcome to the Boards

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Want to Buy thread...how do you know about pricing?

Most here who make large purchases, subscribe to this site.

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

GPA is a great tool. Though you are in luck, that this particular book is one of 3 that GPA gives away for free to entice new subscribers. So you can check Hulk 181 for free (unless they've changed which 3 they give away free recently)

Hi all,

What is the best way to buy one? I see Kijiji and some guys selling raw comics but not sure how to grade or trust?

Thanks.p

Greetings,

If you know nothing about comics then you should really seek a CGC blue label slabbed book or if you like signatures yellow label. There are many dealers here and if you are serious about buying a copy then post in the Want to Buy thread - I am sure you will get lots of enquiries - Good luck

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Want to Buy thread...how do you know about pricing?

GPA is a great tool. Though you are in luck, that this particular book is one of 3 that GPA gives away for free to entice new subscribers. So you can check Hulk 181 for free (unless they've changed which 3 they give away free recently)

I have to check it out, can you see without having a login?

Was wondering what a 9.0 is worth?

Hi all,

Thanks.p

Greetings,

You can check the prices for Hulk 181 without a login. Just check the site & find the "trail" option about midway down the page & it'll give 3 different titles (I think ASM, Hulk & something else), click hulk & it'll bring up 181. Click it & it'll break down prices.

But just so you know, 9.0 is currently at $3,283 for the 90-day average with the last sale of $2850

Hi all,

Thanks.p

Greetings,

You can check the prices for Hulk 181 without a login. Just check the site & find the "trail" option about midway down the page & it'll give 3 different titles (I think ASM, Hulk & something else), click hulk & it'll bring up 181. Click it & it'll break down prices.

But just so you know, 9.0 is currently at $3,283 for the 90-day average with the last sale of $2850

Thanks...been quoted $3900 canadian dollars for one, thought that might be a little steep.

A quick google conversion check shows that the 90-Day GPA is at $4322 Canadian. The GPA price is in US$. And it's arrows up on it (across the board in virtually all grades), so that last sale at $2850 is on the low end & someone got a bit of a deal.

It's not the prettiest, but it only cost ~$15. Long story short, found out a 'friend' stole a few Robotech books from me (around 1987) and I traded two other random Robotech issue he wanted for this and a Red Sonja 1. I think I came out on top.

IncredibleHulk181FCCGC.jpg

It's not the prettiest, but it only cost ~$15. Long story short, found out a 'friend' stole a few Robotech books from me (around 1987) and I traded two other random Robotech issue he wanted for this and a Red Sonja 1. I think I came out on top.

IncredibleHulk181FCCGC.jpg

Nice book :applause:

Classic Hulk 181 video....this guy came in the shop today to sell his comics. He had about 250 books in this box,and the Hulk 181 was on the bottom...watch his hands...great stuff!!

HULK 181 being mangled

Just trying to flatten out that sub crease back pocket fold with a little trasverse bend action. It's mildly effective.