• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

Based on the pic above, it doesn't look like the integrity of the book was compromised. Perhaps CGC will just reholder it and will keep the 9.8 grade.

I was actually going to bid on it, but had to watch the kids. lol.

I think its only regraded if the post or posts are broken.

Good to know, I wasn't sure how extensive the damage was to the book itself, but it looked okay.

I bought my copy for $1K and sold it for $500 profit about a year later.

The GPA on the book is still right around $3K give or take a couple hundred it seems.

This raw copy looks pretty good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLVERINE-1-DEADPOOL-VARIANT-SCOTT-CAMPBELL-/281864506429?hash=item41a06f0c3d:g:xqIAAOSwHQ9WUmWi

Jerome

Based on the pic above, it doesn't look like the integrity of the book was compromised. Perhaps CGC will just reholder it and will keep the 9.8 grade.

I was actually going to bid on it, but had to watch the kids. lol.

I think its only regraded if the post or posts are broken.

That is a fairly severe crack, along the bottom, and it splits up the side as well. The post could be broken, but the seller doesn't say either way.

I don't think that book goes back in for a re-holder without it being scrutinized for "integrity of grade". Books can get damaged inside the well if the slab is just shaken vigorously. Anything is possible with the drop (or drops) that slab has obviously experienced to cause that kind of damage.

Buyer took a risk. It may or may not pay off.

-J.

:facepalm:

What really sucks is that it looks like a really nice copy, instead of having it graded he added a completely superfluous signature to it.

I don't mind Stan sigs on modern copies of ASM, FF, UXM etc because he had direct involvement with the creation of the original titles, but it drives me out of my mind when I see his autograph on books like this that he had nothing to do with in the creation of the principle character. :frustrated: Even more disappointing is you see a Hulk 181 with a Stan sig actually sells for more than one with a Herb or Len sig.

They've probably been like this for a while, but I also just noticed the fool with the three ungraded Wolverine #1's that fluctuate between $2600 - $3300 in BIN price has added an unverified Stan sig to each one.

doh!

WOLVERINE 1 DEADPOOL VARIANT SCOTT CAMPBELL RARE GOLD SIGNATURE SIGNED STAN LEE

What really sucks is that it looks like a really nice copy, instead of having it graded he added a completely superfluous signature to it.

I don't mind Stan sigs on modern copies of ASM, FF, UXM etc because he had direct involvement with the creation of the original titles, but it drives me out of my mind when I see his autograph on books like this that he had nothing to do with in the creation of the principle character. :frustrated: Even more disappointing is you see a Hulk 181 with a Stan sig actually sells for more than one with a Herb or Len sig.

They've probably been like this for a while, but I also just noticed the fool with the three ungraded Wolverine #1's that fluctuate between $2600 - $3300 in BIN price has added an unverified Stan sig to each one.

doh!

Those copies have been available for a while now. he must not be in a hurry to sell them. lol

doh!

You said it brother! I don't have many pet peeves in life, but this is certainly one of them, on so many levels. First, it undermines the importance of his sig on books that he did have direct involvement in. Second, it's a cheap shot to just try and get more money for a book, very desperate imo. Third, it's not a witnessed sig, thats like the second point to the Nth degree! [/rant]

If3VYsT.jpg

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I actually don't see the draw of SIG's on covers at all. I think it messes up the look of the book. So many autographs people have they were not if present for. Sending a book off so someone can autograph it seems weird to me.

Plus someone like Stan Lee will sign anything if you want him t and how many autographs has he given out over the years.

I do own one SS CGC ASM238 9.6 with Romita Sr, Jr, and Waid with drawings on the cover by Sr and Jr. It's cool but I would rather have a 9.8 w/o any SIG's on it.

I also have some SIG's on my 1994 Marvel holiday party invitation but that's really it and I don't even know where that is anymore.

But more to the point that his SIG on this book is superfluous, I think anything Marvel is appropriate given his importance to their history.

This book will be one of my top target books for 2016. lol

Received this not too long ago. As promised at the end of last year, finally able to join the club. :cloud9: Only need a a couple more Campbell books and I can refocus on my silverage keys. Happy to cross this off the list.

0502161349481.jpg

Received this not too long ago. As promised at the end of last year, finally able to join the club. :cloud9: Only need a a couple more Campbell books and I can refocus on my silverage keys. Happy to cross this off the list.

0502161349481.jpg

Very cool I'll have to update later!

J. Scott Campbell Wolverine V4 Issue 1 Deadpool Mashup Variant Club

Blue Label: 7 copies

Yellow Label: 5 copies

Raw:2

Total: 14 copies

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) Bill1 (page 1)

9.8 (W) Kryten (page 2)

9.8 (W) Jaydogrules (page 5)

9.8 (W) Jump_ace (page 36)

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2)

9,8 (W) jreezy (page 50)

9.6 (W) Globalsandlin (page 23 link)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.8 (W) snikt1988 (page 4) Signed by Len Wein and blotted out

9.8 (W) CostasA (page 20) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2) Signed J. Scott Campbell and Stan Lee

9.6 (W) avalanche (page 1) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

9.6 (W) Deadpool (page 39) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

RAW:

Theamazing R.J.S. (page 5)

munster (page 24)

0502161349481.jpg

Very nice jreezy! Where did you pick up this bad boy from ?

-J.