• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

i buy these books. i just try to find them priced at pre-movie hype prices. not so easy to do, of course, particularly with so many of my honey holes closing shop.

Did you ever consider they are closing shop because they do not realize what their stuff is worth?

i buy these books. i just try to find them priced at pre-movie hype prices. not so easy to do, of course, particularly with so many of my honey holes closing shop.

Did you ever consider they are closing shop because they do not realize what their stuff is worth?

no. i doubt the $250 extra a month the might squeeze out of their back issues would make a difference.

they're closing because not enough people are buying new comics, tpbs and other "new" stuff at the B&M level.

other than a few select B&M stores I don't think any of them rely on back issues to survive. they're the "extra" that can occasionally make life comfortable.

Edited by the blob

I finally bought myself a copy of GL/GA #76. So stoked to have it!

Once I got home, I started perusing Ebay just to compare what the book is selling for roughly.

I realized this book seems to have taken a downturn. Do you think this has something to do with the obsession of 1st appearances and #76's lack of one?