• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

It's like this:

2dafxo5.jpg

The hardcover is black with the title and Stevens image pasted on the front...the interior is the story of the Iger shop and comics in B&W. the copyright is 1985. I bought it from the owner of Blackthorn at his San Diego shop back in the early 90s. It was $14.95.

Edited by tricolorbrian

Ok guys. I need a little help here. I just received my Eclipse Graphic Album Series #7 back from CGC. I went to put it in the registry and it say not valid???

The CGC label says : Rocketeer An Album #nn

What the heck is that? Why didnt they label it correctly. Also there is no title like that in the registry.

One more thing, when you look in the registry for Eclipse Graphic Album Series #7. it only lists a second print. What am I missing?

Is this just poor QC work and a Registry error?? And the case has a crack in it.

IMG_18501_zpsqwutzsiy.jpg

IMG_18511_zps1kmbqvnu.jpg

Edited by faster friends

I think the experts have left the building...no one could comment on my Hardback book either... :sorry:

In other news...I put most of my Stevens stuff in a flickr album:

I still need to add 3 books, when I get them scanned properly...including that one you can't seem to get registered properly.

Edited by tricolorbrian

Ok guys. I need a little help here. I just received my Eclipse Graphic Album Series #7 back from CGC. I went to put it in the registry and it say not valid???

The CGC label says : Rocketeer An Album #nn

What the heck is that? Why didnt they label it correctly. Also there is no title like that in the registry.

One more thing, when you look in the registry for Eclipse Graphic Album Series #7. it only lists a second print. What am I missing?

Is this just poor QC work and a Registry error?? And the case has a crack in it.

IMG_18501_zpsqwutzsiy.jpg

IMG_18511_zps1kmbqvnu.jpg

Yes, that seems very odd. Have you ever read the indicia? I suppose it's possible that that's where they got the label title.

I have been meaning to scan these for a while and finally took the time to do so and upload them.

I found an orange and a blue copy of Near Mint #24 from the same source and was wondering if there is any real difference other than the cover's color. They do not seem to be different printings.

Enjoy!

Signed!

Pure%20Image1_zpsopg5eelb.jpg

Mysticogryfil2_zpshxcftutq.jpg

Mysticogryfil3_zpseomlxecj.jpg

nearmint24%202_zps4cvep3u0.jpg

nearmint24o_zpsozxhbn1r.jpg

I am pumped up today! :D I don't want to brag or rub it in. I just want to share my good news with a few guys who might understand my happiness.

I was able to get my grade back from CGC for a Vampirella: A Scarlet Thirst nn 1993. It was a miracle find in an old storage unit that I purchased from a guy for about $3. When I picked it up I wouldn't let him touch it and take the grade down. It is coming back 9.8 with White Pages. So rare. I am a few books away from an entire set of CGC 9.8 Dave Stevens with White Pages. My set does not include all the new Dynamite non-D.S. covers because they aren't very interesting to me. Maybe I will join the registry soon and see where I stand. Hope you are well!

I am pumped up today! :D I don't want to brag or rub it in. I just want to share my good news with a few guys who might understand my happiness.

I was able to get my grade back from CGC for a Vampirella: A Scarlet Thirst nn 1993. It was a miracle find in an old storage unit that I purchased from a guy for about $3. When I picked it up I wouldn't let him touch it and take the grade down. It is coming back 9.8 with White Pages. So rare. I am a few books away from an entire set of CGC 9.8 Dave Stevens with White Pages. My set does not include all the new Dynamite non-D.S. covers because they aren't very interesting to me. Maybe I will join the registry soon and see where I stand. Hope you are well!

:applause: