• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell or trade a comic and regret it right away?
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Amazing Spiderman 129. Bought in around 1984-85 I believe but sold it a few years ago when money was real tight :( Regretted it right away :cry: . Been looking for a while to replace it but keeps going farther and farther out of reach

Adventure comics #431 IT was originally a swapmeet find and I spent my last buck or two on it and my dad wouldn't let me have any money to get the next 3-5 that were in the comic box. It took me 10 minutes to choose #431 because of the cover art.

I sold it when I first joined ebay YEARS ago. I actually sod a lot of things on ebay at first because it was easy money at the time and I was just learning to drive so I wanted money. Adventure #431 is the one I miss the most but these are other issues I sold at that time...

The X-men #3, #6, and Superman 3-D.

Wasn't me but watched a buddy trade a Star Wars 1 35 cent variant for a Secret Wars 4 when it came out. Who knew.

Edited by 1Cool

]I think most can relate to the OP in someway or form.[/b] :cry:

The longer you wait to re-acquire the ASM 129 the harder it will be, especially now, with the punisher about to get pretty popular again (netflix etc) :gossip:

+1

That's going to happen to most collectors who sell or trade at some point in time.

Wasn't me but watched a buddy trade a Star Wars 1 35 cent variant for a Secret Wars 4 when it came out. Who knew.

I gave one away to a friend when I was younger doh!

go out and buy the ASM 129 now - it's not going to get any cheaper... it's one of those books that is going to see a steady increase - always

buy whatever grade fits your budget today and don't look back

I can't say I regret selling any book because the money from those sales went to something I wanted more...

I do, however, regret not buying many books!

I almost did that today. I actually photographed and researched a price and wrote out the thread to sell my complete X-O Manowar series (current). The problem was that I realized how much I enjoy reading that as it comes out each month.

I didn't click the submit thread, deleted the page instead and came here to tell about it.

I can't say I regret selling any book because the money from those sales went to something I wanted more...

This (However, I do wish I'd held on to that Iron Man 55 and Batman 251. Could have sold them for so much more)

I do, however, regret not buying many books!

This too

I sold most of my old X-Men about 3 years ago. I had from about 40 to 544 continuous at one time. I do mildly regret it, but now I would rather have them back as high grade, rather than the mid to mid high I sold off. :D

I also sold Saga 1 about 2 years ago, I am not a big fan of the series so do not miss it from that standpoint, but do miss the extra $100 I could have gotten.

By the way, I find it even harder to sell of OA.

Edited by drotto

I am always reluctant to sell off OA since I know that I will never see it ever again. Only once have I lost an auction for OA and seen the page turn up again. (I lost it again as well)

I am always reluctant to sell off OA since I know that I will never see it ever again. Only once have I lost an auction for OA and seen the page turn up again. (I lost it again as well)

OA is tough because it truly is one of a kind. Comics can be replaced. Most of them anyway.

OA is tough because it truly is one of a kind. Comics can be replaced. Most of them anyway.

I have 3 or 4 OA stuff I am agonizing over selling. I would love the $$ to buy other things, at the same time would I miss it.