• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oldest, most memorable comic..
1 1

54 posts in this topic

There were many books that had a profound effect-books I read in the hospital, a book I read that later happened to me, I can remember certain books so vividly where I got them and read them. I can remember one superman giant and I also remember the toy I bought at the same time a secret agent kit and it was on the way home from the dentist.

I have a few others that I remember but after checking the dates on all it came to this one Hulk book. As far as memory takes me, this is the first comic I remember reading, even though there possibly are others - this is the one I remember the most as being the oldest

My first one was Silver Surfer #86...wish I could get a 9.8 copy but is such a dreky issue that no one bothered to grade it.

My oldest issue is Action Comics #241...Twin Cities pedigree...first Fortress of Solitude.

For me, it's Avengers #161. 1977...I was 6 years old. I (well, my parents, I suppose) bought this book (for me) off the newsstand...wasn't the first, or the last, but for some reason it's the most memorable comic I had as a child. I've purged most of my childhood collection (typical bronze age Marvel drek), but I can't make myself get rid of this one. Can't really explain it...has something to do with the Scarlet Witch. She's in agony...ants crawling all over her...her bosom right there in our face...so sexy...but, she's in agony...I can help her...yes, yes...no...I'm just an adolescent boy...yes...no...yes... :insane: (Am I 'saying' this out loud....?) :D

My OO copy:

avengers161_f.jpg

I still have all my ratty comics as a child,I love those even more than I love my AF15. And I loooove my AF 15!

Shout out to Beetle Bailey, Richie Rich, Disney and Peanuts gold keys,Sgt Rock. For they were my first comics.

Oak used to sit under the tree as a child in his jammies reading his Caps and playing with his knife while frowning at circling bees....

For me, it's Avengers #161. 1977...I was 6 years old. I (well, my parents, I suppose) bought this book (for me) off the newsstand...wasn't the first, or the last, but for some reason it's the most memorable comic I had as a child. I've purged most of my childhood collection (typical bronze age Marvel drek), but I can't make myself get rid of this one. Can't really explain it...has something to do with the Scarlet Witch. She's in agony...ants crawling all over her...her bosom right there in our face...so sexy...but, she's in agony...I can help her...yes, yes...no...I'm just an adolescent boy...yes...no...yes... :insane: (Am I 'saying' this out loud....?) :D

My OO copy:

avengers161_f.jpg

Avengers :luhv:

One of the first that stands out for me is Captain Marvel 50 from 77 with special guest, you guessed it the Avengers. That was the one that got me collecting next was an X-men 96 from 75 and it was all over after that. I had others that my Mom and Dad had given me when I was younger like Hot Stuff the Little Devil and westerns like Cheyenne Kid issue 68 from 68 is one that sticks out but those were the two that did it for me.

Edited by Azkaban