• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Marvel Value Stamp club
4 4

246 posts in this topic

I attended the Edmonton Expo comic con this weekend as a vendor selling comics. One of my friends/ fellow vendors talked to me on Saturday at dinner about getting Stan Lee signatures on some of his comics, infact he was doing 20 comics. Myself, I am not a signature fan on my comics, but I did decide to get my near mint unfilled Marvel value Stamp booklet signed. After Stan signs they are also putting on a signature authentication sticky so I got that done to. I am very happy to have this signature, maybe one of a kind?

MDS00158_zpsb1ilqevz.jpg

I spent years completing this collection. I didn't try that hard to be honest because the key piece was always elusive: The Marvel Value Stamp booklet itself. I have found them in the past, but those booklets were always filled or partially filled with stamps already.

I wanted an unfilled one.

Thanks to a recent acquisition off Heritage I obtained my booklet!

I attended the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo this last weekend ( see here for the write up: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7054433#Post7054433 )

At the show I decided to see if I could complete my collection. I managed to find the final 31 books I needed so here it is, the completed Marvel value Stamp collection! :cloud9: My books are all complete and UNCUT, no value stamps shall be clipped and my booklet shall remain empty. It all fits nicely in a single short box. A great keepsake collectible!

MarvelValueStampcollection_zps190a221b.jpg

anyone else a member of this club?

Let's see 'em.

Great Stuff

I'm in the process of finding beater copies with stamps and cutting them all out. There is a perverse pleasure in it. I'll share when completed....good progress so far.

158023.jpg.447d795316f09b77d03d1a22236870b9.jpg

I spent years completing this collection. I didn't try that hard to be honest because the key piece was always elusive: The Marvel Value Stamp booklet itself. I have found them in the past, but those booklets were always filled or partially filled with stamps already.

I attended the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo this last weekend ( see here for the write up: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7054433#Post7054433 )

At the show I decided to see if I could complete my collection. I managed to find the final 31 books I needed so here it is, the completed Marvel value Stamp collection! :cloud9: My books are all complete and UNCUT, no value stamps shall be clipped and my booklet shall remain empty. It all fits nicely in a single short box. A great keepsake collectible!

Let's see 'em.

Great Stuff

I'm in the process of finding beater copies with stamps and cutting them all out. There is a perverse pleasure in it. I'll share when completed....good progress so far.

It amazed me during my search for books WITH stamps how many were cut out. Good luck in your quest.

Does anyone know the progress of that "Original Art MVS Book" project?

finished

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4185801&fpart=1

Thanks, but man, what was Adam Hughes thinking with that Hela "boob shot"? doh!

Oh, I know what he was thinking, but it was still pretty lame for a retro 70's project. At least show her face, then give her big knockers.

Repost from CG...

A friend of mine ran into a girl last night who had this tattoo on her arm. My reactions were mixed:

1) How f'd up does a chick have to be to have a picture MODOK tattooed on her arm. :insane:

2) How f'king cool is it that this chick has the MODOK Marvel Value Stamp tattooed on her arm! :headbang:

modok-tat.jpg

Repost from CG...

A friend of mine ran into a girl last night who had this tattoo on her arm. My reactions were mixed:

1) How f'd up does a chick have to be to have a picture MODOK tattooed on her arm. :insane:

2) How f'king cool is it that this chick has the MODOK Marvel Value Stamp tattooed on her arm! :headbang:

modok-tat.jpg

I have a friend who has a Modok tattoo (why???), I'll have to tell him that his soulmate is out there!

Repost from CG...

modok-tat.jpg

It is definitely not a "chick thing" to have a Marvel Value Stamp tatoo and I agree she is a blend of 1 AND 2.

Repost from CG...

modok-tat.jpg

It is definitely not a "chick thing" to have a Marvel Value Stamp tatoo and I agree she is a blend of 1 AND 2.

What's the size if that tat. Looks 4x stamp size. And what tat is wrapped to the right.

I've been butchering books for stamps for a little while now. Well really since '74 and there are so many stamps I'd rather have but who doesn't love a fat dude in a chair with a bad hairdo.

Let's see 'em.

Great Stuff

Since I have been pulling out the two page ads in the comics that I have been getting ready for binding, I have been collecting up the stamps.

Let's see 'em.

Great Stuff

Since I have been pulling out the two page ads in the comics that I have been getting ready for binding, I have been collecting up the stamps.

Want to sell me some and save a few books from the clipping pain I'm causing :-)

Let's see 'em.

Great Stuff

Want to sell me some and save a few books from the clipping pain I'm causing :-)

you should list what stamps you are missing - some of us might help out

Well. So far I have cut out

6 Thor

12 daredevil

13 dr strange

15 iron man

16 Shang shi mokf

23 sgt fury

24 falcon

25 torch

28 hawkeye

31 modok

33 sue Richards

38 red Sonja

40 Loki

42 man wolf

45 mantis

51 Bucky

55 medusa

57 vulture

60 Kazar

62 plunderer

63 submariner

65 iceman

70 super skrull

71 vision

72 lizard

73 kingpin

79 kang

80 ghost rider

81 rhino

82 Mary Jane

84 dr doom

85 Lilith

86 zemo

87 jay Jonah Jameson

89 hammerhead

92 byrrah

96 doc oc

97 black knight

98 puppet master

99 sandman

100 ?

5 hulk promo

:sumo::cloud9:

Marvel Value Stamps have taken over my life for the last year and a half and I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one t suffer this madness. What a great thread you guys have started here. I, too, have collected all 100 stamps and found a Marvel Value Stamp booklet. Instead of taping them in the book I made a folder to display them along with my Marvel Medallions. To finish off this project I put together two films that I just posted on Youtube and thought you might all like to cringe along with me as you witness the cutting of 100 Bronze Age comics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZGG2lC6vmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z79EGyr95uo

Will take a look...

A friend picked up a collection of over 1000 water and smoke damaged comics, still a little damp now and I found a handful of stamps to cut out of them... :-)

Marvel Value Stamps have taken over my life for the last year and a half and I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one t suffer this madness. What a great thread you guys have started here. I, too, have collected all 100 stamps and found a Marvel Value Stamp booklet. Instead of taping them in the book I made a folder to display them along with my Marvel Medallions. To finish off this project I put together two films that I just posted on Youtube and thought you might all like to cringe along with me as you witness the cutting of 100 Bronze Age comics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZGG2lC6vmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z79EGyr95uo

Thanks for sharing! Love the videos.

I recently picked up another Marvel Value Stamp booklet, this one is filled.

So I have an unfilled mint condition one that I got signed by Stan Lee, and now a filled one.

:banana:

2%20Booklets_zpsfbictmcu.jpg