• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Another dealer said today that non key golden age books will continue to drop in value as new collectors are only collecting to the silver age. This includes titles like superman and detective that aren't key or special covers. He also said that major bronze keys will continue to sell better and go up in value.

What are your thoughts on this?

Another dealer said today that non key golden age books will continue to drop in value as new collectors are only collecting to the silver age. This includes titles like superman and detective that aren't key or special covers. He also said that major bronze keys will continue to sell better and go up in value.

and this is based on what ... his opinion (or perhaps his inventory) ? Then it's just that. I'm a new collector ( started 5 years ago ) and switched from Silver to Gold with zero regrets.

As for his assessment on Bronze books, it's the speculative bubble that will almost certainly eventually burst ... give it another 5-10 years and double/triple the census numbers on any of those books.

As long as the Gators beat Vandy tomorrow, all will be right again in the SEC

You really think so? So you're happy playing for third place I see...

I see the concept of an sec championship game is lost on you lol But being from South Carolina I understand :baiting:

He could claim to be a Clemson fan?

He's not. And by third place, I mean the third best team in the SEC. Just b/c UF plays in the SEC Championship game, doesn't make them the second best team in the SEC.

The East is very weak this year....West is stacked.

you said playing for third "place" ... And "best" is a very subjective term

There have always been "run" builders and likely always will. That said, demand in some venues is down. But across the board, prices still seem stable or even stronger in some titles , while others do seem to have softened and continue to soften

Bronze keys are "hot" now and still have plenty of movie/tv speculative growth , but will cool at some point too I suspect

There have always been "run" builders and likely always will. That said, demand in some venues is down. But across the board, prices still seem stable or even stronger in some titles , while others do seem to have softened and continue to soften

Bronze keys are "hot" now and still have plenty of movie/tv speculative growth , but will cool at some point too I suspect

I agree; I just don't have a good feel for the time-frame. I have limited interest in Bronze, but I would like to build a run of the Neal Adams Bat & Tec covers (for reasons of nostalgia, mainly—I collected those as a kid but unloaded the ones I had decades ago).

I agree; I just don't have a good feel for the time-frame. I have limited interest in Bronze, but I would like to build a run of the Neal Adams Bat & Tec covers (for reasons of nostalgia, mainly—I collected those as a kid but unloaded the ones I had decades ago).

good news is the Adams books are not so reliant on any movie or speculative news...just on "cool" factor

good news is the Adams books are not so reliant on any movie or speculative news...just on "cool" factor

(thumbs u

But across the board, prices still seem stable or even stronger in some titles , while others do seem to have softened and continue to soften

Rick, where do you see More Fun and Adventure in the stronger vs softening price category?

Edited by Dr Carl

But across the board, prices still seem stable or even stronger in some titles , while others do seem to have softened and continue to soften

Rick, where do you see More Fun and Adventure in the stronger vs softening price category?

prices today are very soft compared to prices of "yesterday" (with few obvious exceptions) but both titles are ga staples so still command demand. Should be pretty stable these days

More Fun 52, 73, 101 will remain solid.
those are the "few obvious exceptions".... but even 73 has fallen radically since its artificial run up of last year...and the other 2, there just isn't enough activity to really see a pricing trend , but they are relatively stable

Well, since we're talking specific numbers, what's your option regarding 55's stability, as well as 61s? Those are Dr Fate's versions of 52 (without the cover appearance) and 54 IMO.

Fate is a character that might translate into modern relativity (already a new 52 current title out).

Hey G.A.tor

After today's college football results, do you still think Florida has no shot at a BCS birth by seasons end?

every team still has a shot that is statistically still alive, including gators .. I just don't think we have enough offense to get by Alabama.

Hey G.A.tor

After today's college football results, do you still think Florida has no shot at a BCS birth by seasons end?

every team still has a shot that is statistically still alive, including gators .. I just don't think we have enough offense to get by Alabama.

You are probably right, but you never know when Bama is going to have a let down game.

Hey G.A.tor

You are probably right, but you never know when Bama is going to have a let down game.

we will be in Atlanta. Would be a heck of a Christmas present!

Hey G.A.tor

we will be in Atlanta. Would be a heck of a Christmas present!

I will keep sending you positive vibes Rick. It would be nice to see Florida football return to the glory days of the 90s.