• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

Got a couple books this week that I'm very happy with.

Sold my 9.4 copy of this as it was nicer than I really need, too much money on the table. So I got this as a replacement:

DetectiveComics402CGC90a_zpswyr3cjlq.jpg

Presents really well, better than I thought. Looks like most of the defects holding it back are non-coloring breaking curling/slight bending to the outside corners. I think it would have a really good shot at pressing out to a 9.2. Tempted. But it's got a tiny coloring breaking crease in the top right corner:

DetectiveComics402CGC9.0c_zpsk9ncygrx.jpg

I'm afraid if I mess with cracking it out, pressing and re-submitting that corner might pop off and that'll be all she wrote. I'm leaning towards just leaving it alone.

I was also trying for a really nice 9.0 Detective 408, really wanted it but my snipping program hasn't been working. Had it been I probably could have won it. This was my consolation prize:

Batman229CGC90a_zpsl8dnoala.jpg

This was a gamble as the picture in the listing was pretty poor. Turns out, it presents extremely well for the grade. I can see why it got a 9.0, but the defects are real subtle. Wish all 9.0 books looked like this..

Mr. SigS, that is really sweet! How did you get the photo of Mike signing it? It looks like he's in his personal drawing space...

Anyway, newbie collector here kicking off my Doctor Strange collection with (what I feel) is a really nice raw copy of Vol.2 No.1. I paid too much for this on eBay, but I'm super happy with it!

22593384119_bf72359b1e_b.jpg

Edited by Vorpal

Mr. SigS, that is really sweet! How did you get the photo of Mike signing it? It looks like he's in his personal drawing space...

Thanks Vorpal :)

Mike and I are friends, and I visit him a few every 2 or 3 weeks. I currently have 289 signed comics (plus a couple dozen other comic related publications and items) in my collection. That's what my username represents:

Mike Royer SigS

Thanks Vorpal :)

Mike and I are friends, and I visit him a few every 2 or 3 weeks. I currently have 289 signed comics (plus a couple dozen other comic related publications and items) in my collection. That's what my username represents:

Mike Royer SigS

Too cool!

Nice book, Randall. 402's are very difficult in 9.2 and above. Nice centering and white pages to boot.

Yeah. I think Tec 402s are very under rated books and seem to be much harder to find in higher grade than 400.

Mine doesn't have perfect centering, but I'm happy to have it.

RAD379C42013326_85539.jpg

Nice book, Randall. 402's are very difficult in 9.2 and above. Nice centering and white pages to boot.

Yeah. I think Tec 402s are very under rated books and seem to be much harder to find in higher grade than 400.

Mine doesn't have perfect centering, but I'm happy to have it.

RAD379C42013326_85539.jpg

I'm happy you have it, too! It's the dark cover that makes it tough to find in a decent grade. Waited for a long time to find mine. There was another 402 CGC 9.2 on the Bay that looked terrible. It's gone now. I really don't know how it merited a 9.2. It was a mess.