• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile high comics on eBay.

11 posts in this topic

Okay,

This is not a flame war post etc. I'm just curious about other boardmates interaction with mile high on eBay. Before anyone screams-- this has multiple topics or search. Plz don't drag this thread down.

Overall, today I got my second eBay message both after buys and pays, stating the comic I bought and paid for was unavailable. Now full disclosure milehigh did give me the refund and a reference coupon number for future buys from their store.

Now I could care less if these were just filler or completetion comics but, now twice I have bought key comics with regards to movies and character 1st app. With respect to those movies, milehigh seems to have a lost invintory of goods.

Now, these were both comics I got a few leads on literally a few hrs or days before announcement and boom, I snag one at their price.. Pay, ship and boom... Oh it's magically out of stock.

Again I get the game, but I am more wondering if others have had this issue. Thanks for reading: )

General answer:

When a large operation lists comics in multiple places (like their own site and eBay), things like this will happen, especially when a book is newly hot because of stupid movie speculation, rumours or announcements. If it sells through one venue, the other(s) need to be updated and this may not happen quickly.

Specific answer:

Mile High has been known to not honour prices/quantities on hot items.

General answer:

When a large operation lists comics in multiple places (like their own site and eBay), things like this will happen, especially when a book is newly hot because of stupid movie speculation, rumours or announcements. If it sells through one venue, the other(s) need to be updated and this may not happen quickly.

Specific answer:

Mile High has been known to not honour prices/quantities on hot items.

Yeah, again I figured as much after some investigating. I appreciate the reply

I had this happen on a GA book..... Black Terror 23 in VG....... it was my first and last attempt to buy from them. It was an eBay BIN...... a, presumably, self-maintaining scenario. There was nothing "hot" about the book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I see that their business model remains unchanged from 25 years ago, the last time I bought anything but a DC Archives hardcover from them.

Feel better knowing that whatever grade book you thought you were buying was never there in the first place.

In 1980-81 timeframe, I "traded" them about $100 worth of New Teen Titans #1 and other early issues, shortly after they came out, while it was still "the next X-Men #94." I got one book and a trade credit memo for $90-something dollars. Memo states it expires in six months. The dance went on; I ordered other stuff. Not in stock either. Etc. I still have about $90 in TCM.