• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

Duh. A press and a dry clean is what every book needs.

One day science will make it possible for every book to be returned to its original pristine condition.

We will all own perfect copies of every book.

And all our collections will then be rendered worthless.

And it will be the end of the world.

All the books I love have writing on them, so I am already screwed.

One day science will make it possible for every book to be returned to its original pristine condition.

Seems like it wasn't that long ago when it was an honor to get a signature and not the dreaded purple label of death. :ohnoez:

Edited by highradart

Might as well just give them away. :whistle:

Just get a box cutter and slice aound the sigs. Problem solved

You are super smart.

You are super smart.

S-M-R-T

You are super smart.

S-M-R-T

Yes he just ignored my pm´s ... I am gonna nominate him next tuesday i need to pm him first then wait 72 hours?

No, you're just tacking on to the other nomination. Thus he will have to make both you and the nominator whole before he gets off. After CKK's 72 hours run out, just post your info too and it will be added.

Ok i will add info next sunday .

Just letting you know that "peterpark" finally paid me 27 days after commiting to buy , i will ship his book tomorrow

Yes he just ignored my pm´s ... I am gonna nominate him next tuesday i need to pm him first then wait 72 hours?

No, you're just tacking on to the other nomination. Thus he will have to make both you and the nominator whole before he gets off. After CKK's 72 hours run out, just post your info too and it will be added.

Just letting you know that "peterpark" finally paid me 27 days after commiting to buy , i will ship his book tomorrow

So basically, you added him to PL 30 minutes ago and he suddenly realized that he had a purchase to pay for. What a great buyer. :eyeroll: Glad you you got your money though. Did he give any excuse on why he didn't pay until you made the post earlier today?

So basically, you added him to PL 30 minutes ago and he suddenly realized that he had a purchase to pay for. What a great buyer. :eyeroll: Glad you you got your money though. Did he give any excuse on why he didn't pay until you made the post earlier today?

No , my comunication with him is just a monologue

And oddly enough, he seems eager to sell me the books I was promised over a month ago. At this point, I'm hesitant to send him money. Thoughts?

And oddly enough, he seems eager to sell me the books I was promised over a month ago. At this point, I'm hesitant to send him money. Thoughts?

He is a well known variant collector, I have had many dealings with him buying and selling without a hitch.

I hope this works out for everyone.

He is a well known variant collector, I have had many dealings with him buying and selling without a hitch.

I hope this works out for everyone.

I've given him an opportunity to make it right, he has agreed to it. So this hopefully brings this to a close. If not, "I'll be back". :grin:

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???

I'm going through all of this for the first time. I also want to see this fire pit. Part of me would like to imagine that it is 200ft by 2ft to create a wall of fire across the front of the property to scare trespassers like a fire moat.

He said it was 10x40, and someone else did the math.

I would guess he meant a 10x40 fire pit area, but it certainly is more fun to think about a 400 square foot fire pit all lit up.

I like Buzz's idea better, too.

:D

-slym

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???

I'm going through all of this for the first time. I also want to see this fire pit. Part of me would like to imagine that it is 200ft by 2ft to create a wall of fire across the front of the property to scare trespassers like a fire moat.

He said it was 10x40, and someone else did the math.

I would guess he meant a 10x40 fire pit area, but it certainly is more fun to think about a 400 square foot fire pit all lit up.

I like Buzz's idea better, too.

:D

-slym

it would take him at least 30 days to upload the pics.

Edited by DR.X

With great reluctance, I've got to nominate

kaholo1256 (Akoni)

for the probation list.

Akoni ran a sketch opportunity with Kevin Eastman via the Signature room here on the boards. It can be found here.

Akoni collected money and requests and based on pictures posted, many of the books got done.

The original plan was to have these done during the weekend of SDCC and presumably, they'd be submitted there as well. As is not uncommon for people who run sketch opps, there was a delay and the books were not all completed.

The next plan was that Akoni would drop them off for on-site grading during the Baltimore Comic Con. I contacted him to see if I could pick mine up in person since I would be at the show. He told me that he had to do another show at the last minute and that he'd submit the books at NYCC.

It's been a few weeks since NYCC and no one seems to know the status of the books at this point. Many have asked for an update in the thread with no response. PM's so far have gone unanswered. Those who have talked to him outside the boards say that he's very busy.

I'm not at a point yet where I'm looking for a refund, but the lack of communication is unnerving. At the moment, all I'm looking for is an update.

As per the rules, 3 days ago I sent a separate PM to Akoni informing him that I'd be making this post in 3 days time. As of this morning, the PM is unread and no new books are showing on my CGC account.

I really hate typing this post, but these opps need to have a certain level of transparency and accountability in order for the program to stay strong.

I hope someone can reach out to him and get him to address the issue so we can put this in the past.