• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Austin -- November 17-19, 2017

40 posts in this topic

Hopefully they lower the cost of the booths or do something to give incentive to dealers. I saw three really good booths at this show, and two of them were boardies. I think I counted about 6 actual comic book booths out of all the ones there.

….and why was there a booth for Allstate insurance?

I'll be there. In artist alley. B23.

Come get some original art, I'll have a limited run of prints (far more original art)

and these guys will be making their convention debut.

Only thirteen will be available for purchase for this run.

FE66D2CC-1030-49EE-A158-77D8FBD005A5_zpspwmww3h9.jpg

734BC9B2-66A4-47FB-B447-BEB855AE8F6F_zpssegj3dsw.jpg

man, i was REALLY hoping that the move to sept would result in a better show, but i am not getting a good vibe from the guest list. Even the groupons that are out there are insane expensive. I think last year I did this show in well under an hour and left.

when it was in dallas and even the first few years in austin, it was a decent show. Now, it doesn't seem to be about much other than media guests and autographs. . .

the exhibitor list isn't even published and this show starts next week. I get the feeling there will be very few comics dealers.

As far as comic dealers, I will be there, along with:

Ricks Comic Crypt

Duncanville Bookstore

and Black Cat Comics.

I think the regular three day schedule, and the move to September will help this show! We will all have a great selection of comics! We will see what wizard has filled the rest of the show with though. Its been about three years since I've done this show, and I've heard about the time-share, and exotic animal booths. I've got my fingers crossed that this one will be great!

Ricks Comic Crypt

Duncanville Bookstore

and Black Cat Comics.

I think the regular three day schedule, and the move to September will help this show! We will all have a great selection of comics! We will see what wizard has filled the rest of the show with though. Its been about three years since I've done this show, and I've heard about the time-share, and exotic animal booths. I've got my fingers crossed that this one will be great!

Cool that Duncanville is back this year -- last they told me, they were boycotting all the wizard shows because of the high table rates.

Will groupon it for Friday probably.

Ricks Comic Crypt

Duncanville Bookstore

and Black Cat Comics.

Cool that Duncanville is back this year -- last they told me, they were boycotting all the wizard shows because of the high table rates.

Will groupon it for Friday probably.

The biggest problem we have had with Wizard World Austin the past few years is it being on Halloween weekend and the fact that the show was on Friday and Saturday only. That never made sense to me. We have limited how many Wizard shows we do in any given year and the primary reasons are booth cost and the pop culture crowd. I have always thought the Austin show was overpriced for the crowd they get, especially if the show is just two days. I have always loved doing a show in Austin because of the city's vibe and the people we meet but Wizard is the only game in town. Wizard is a straight up pop culture show and we are trying to be a comic dealer which makes the booth costs hurt even more. If they don't get the comic collector's through the door, then the comic dealers struggle. We have tried to off-set that by carrying pops and action figures but we still want to sell comics. We are trying it this year and we are hoping they can get our target audience through the door. We have also decided to concentrate on shows in Texas for the rest of this year and into 2017 so I felt we needed to be in Austin for this one. Hope it works out for all of us!

Good luck everyone, I'd love to be there. I miss this show's heyday.

me too. looking forward to doing some back issue shopping this afternoon and perusing artists alley.

should be relatively quiet for the non-comics folks today as most of the "big" celebrity names are scheduled for sat-sun only.

list of artists is a little weak, but hoping I find someone with an interesting style and not a bunch of people selling posters and knick-knacks.

Good luck everyone, I'd love to be there. I miss this show's heyday.

me too. looking forward to doing some back issue shopping this afternoon and perusing artists alley.

should be relatively quiet for the non-comics folks today as most of the "big" celebrity names are scheduled for sat-sun only.

list of artists is a little weak, but hoping I find someone with an interesting style and not a bunch of people selling posters and knick-knacks.

Please post some pics and a report if you can. This goes for anyone who is at the show.