• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well.. he has his strike

taken care of by CGCMod1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8952114

I'm sure he will learn a valuable lesson from this.

uh, yeah

Hardly. He'll come back here and blame us all and claim once again that he did nothing wrong.

It's funny, he's always promoting himself and pimping his wares but he can't see that providing basic customer service is most important.

Pack it well. Ship it quickly. Respond immediately to issues and if you're in the wrong bend over backwards to make the customer happy.

Sadly I don't find this so surprising. Recently I was reminded of how many big companies have one hand making big promises to generate sales while another hand in the same company spends equal time dealing with the unhappy customers created by the failure to keep those promises.

Bell comes to mind. My wife used to work for Bell customer service. After a couple of years doing that she summed it up as spending her days trying to fix the public relations disasters created by the unscrupulous sales department, which adopted the "anything for a sale and worry about it later" strategy.

So customer service did the worrying while sales promised the moon. That kind of behaviour here is only a reflection of what is sadly prevalent throughout the market place. 2c

He should be closing to being banned

This isn't his first strike in the past year

Yeah...it's his third strike within 9 months.

He should be out for three weeks.

BFQaVlD.jpg

No, 3 strikes within 1 year is a 1 month ban. Arch has already been notified.

BFQaVlD.jpg

How'd you get that to show up like that? I can't ever figure out how to find old posts in that forum area...

BFQaVlD.jpg

No, 3 strikes within 1 year is a 1 month ban. Arch has already been notified.

You're right. He should be out for one month.

I forgot about that. :blush:

BFQaVlD.jpg

How'd you get that to show up like that? I can't ever figure out how to find old posts in that forum area...

I just did a search confined to the strike thread using his forum name. One year...subject and body.

BFQaVlD.jpg

At the bottom of the page go to display options. For some reason it seems to default to posts within one month.

BFQaVlD.jpg

Am I reading this right? Did he get two strikes on the same day?

BFQaVlD.jpg

Am I reading this right? Did he get two strikes on the same day?

No. That was just a reply in that thread.

BFQaVlD.jpg

I just did a search confined to the strike thread using his forum name. One year...subject and body.

Maybe I was looking back longer than a year when I tried once. Thanks (thumbs u

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???

I'm going through all of this for the first time. I also want to see this fire pit. Part of me would like to imagine that it is 200ft by 2ft to create a wall of fire across the front of the property to scare trespassers like a fire moat.

He said it was 10x40, and someone else did the math.

I would guess he meant a 10x40 fire pit area, but it certainly is more fun to think about a 400 square foot fire pit all lit up.

I can't believe I read that. It was both disturbing and insulting to some people all at the same time.

I can't believe I followed all this and then missed the meltdown. It's like watching all those seasons of Lost and then missing the series finale.

Am I the only one who wants to see a 400 square foot fire pit? What kind of fires is that homeowner having? Is this some kind of Aggie Bonfire thing???

I'm going through all of this for the first time. I also want to see this fire pit. Part of me would like to imagine that it is 200ft by 2ft to create a wall of fire across the front of the property to scare trespassers like a fire moat.

He said it was 10x40, and someone else did the math.

I would guess he meant a 10x40 fire pit area, but it certainly is more fun to think about a 400 square foot fire pit all lit up.

During that 1 month where I didn't ship the book, I worked an average of 75-85 hours each week.I installed a 210 foot paver walkway and 2 sets of steps, followed with a small 10x40 foot firepit in the homeowner's back yard.Landscaping to dress up the job in the front consisted of removing an ugly, overgrown shrub and planting a Japanese maple in its' place, along with decorative flowers and 5 yards of mulch in the front bed.

Nope he specifically said he did a small 10x40 foot fire pit (that's 400sqft)