• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

CCI10242015_0001_zpsuwhztkc2.jpg

Love this cover. Lucey did know his curves. I also feel like his covers always has outfits with more texture than other artists. Anyway, great books. I have the others in mid to high grades, but I've been looking to upgrade this one for a while. Thanks for sharing!

+1

Great book.

I've essentially taken a 1 year hiatus from the boards--it's amazing how much more productive my life became. For better or worse, I fell off the wagon after the Baltimore show, where I came across some Harry Lucey covers I had long given up on ever finding in even mid-grade. This run of Peps seems to be impossible to find without water stains, foxing, etc. Just impossible. Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled. Here's the books that responsible for my return.

CCI10242015_0002_zpsbgrxte4e.jpg

CCI10242015_zpspyown9zh.jpg

CCI10242015_0001_zpsuwhztkc2.jpg

CCI10242015_0003_zpsi6cx7rb9.jpg

those are beautiful :applause: congrats

Grabbed some nice higher grade Juggies in the CC auction. Missed out on the #10 (9.0) but these are both great upgrades for me.

arc9.289a_zpspxrhmbqe.jpg

arc9.291a_zpsielksmdc.jpg

Both great covers! Like the casual use of "chicken" referring to Jughead's date. :D Also interesting to me is that Jughead was sometimes shown in potential romantic scenarios in his first two decades, and his dislike of girls didn't seem to be played up as it would be moving into the 60's and 70's.

Grabbed some nice higher grade Juggies in the CC auction. Missed out on the #10 (9.0) but these are both great upgrades for me.

arc9.289a_zpspxrhmbqe.jpg

arc9.291a_zpsielksmdc.jpg

Both great covers! Like the casual use of "chicken" referring to Jughead's date. :D Also interesting to me is that Jughead was sometimes shown in potential romantic scenarios in his first two decades, and his dislike of girls didn't seem to be played up as it would be moving into the 60's and 70's.

I recall one early story of Jughead hitting on women like a horndog. But otherwise it seemed like he was always oblivious or avoiding them.