• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fakers on ebay

288 posts in this topic

I won my case with Ebay. He really tried to make me look bad saying I had no evidence and he was a witness to the authenticity. I now have to send the drawing back with tracking, at my own expense.

Live and learn. I appreciate all the help I got from you folks. I have lots more newbie questions I am waiting to ask. I just don't want to overwhelm the boards with my silliness.

I won my case with Ebay. He really tried to make me look bad saying I had no evidence and he was a witness to the authenticity. I now have to send the drawing back with tracking, at my own expense.

Live and learn. I appreciate all the help I got from you folks. I have lots more newbie questions I am waiting to ask. I just don't want to overwhelm the boards with my silliness.

Make sure you neg him, but do it honestly only with facts. If you go super mean or opinionated he'll get eBay to remove it and so what's the point. Right now he's only got two negs; not nearly enough for the volume of "product" he's pushing.

I would add - don't beat yourself up. It takes a lot of time and just seeing a lot of art to know why certain pieces don't quite fit. Have fun collecting

I would add - don't beat yourself up. It takes a lot of time and just seeing a lot of art to know why certain pieces don't quite fit. Have fun collecting

Right. Eating $10 to return it is small money in the face of $180 or whatever you almost lost (and having something you'd end up embarrassed of -and hate- later as you mature as a collector).

Just a little update on my situation with Ebay seller Ducoso and the fake Romita sketch. After I asked him why he was no longer a registered member (he is reinstated now), he chose not to answer me and instead reported me to Ebay. He claimed I was scamming him. Ebay reviewed the case and asked me to supply my proof, which I did. After a few days, they asked me to return the item, with tracking, at my own expense. I had to send it USPS Priority Express, in order for it to be tracked, because he is in the Netherlands and I am in the USA. It cost $56.65, but I paid the money to salvage some of my funds.

After a couple of weeks, Ebay sent me another note asking me for proof and offering me a return label. Ugh! I complied but pointed out that they asked me to return the item weeks earlier and I did so at my own expense. The seller is still claiming that I am a scammer and is already back up on Ebay selling forgeries.

I still do not have a resolution, but have kept a good paper trail and will report the conclusion.

Lesson learned here. I appreciate all the advice I have received and the education.

Just a little update on my situation with Ebay seller Ducoso and the fake Romita sketch. After I asked him why he was no longer a registered member (he is reinstated now), he chose not to answer me and instead reported me to Ebay. He claimed I was scamming him. Ebay reviewed the case and asked me to supply my proof, which I did. After a few days, they asked me to return the item, with tracking, at my own expense. I had to send it USPS Priority Express, in order for it to be tracked, because he is in the Netherlands and I am in the USA. It cost $56.65, but I paid the money to salvage some of my funds.

After a couple of weeks, Ebay sent me another note asking me for proof and offering me a return label. Ugh! I complied but pointed out that they asked me to return the item weeks earlier and I did so at my own expense. The seller is still claiming that I am a scammer and is already back up on Ebay selling forgeries.

I still do not have a resolution, but have kept a good paper trail and will report the conclusion.

Lesson learned here. I appreciate all the advice I have received and the education.

Do yourself a huge favor -call eBay and talk to a live person about this, emphasizing how much money you are out on the return to Netherlands. They may offer to reimburse you, if you seem friendly and have that sorta "man, I got totally burned and sure am bummed" way of presenting yourself. It's worked out that way for me on several occasions, even when I wasn't looking for it and sometimes when I was the seller even! Contrary to the perception many have, eBay may now be more gentler and kinder than in the past...at least in my experience when talking to a real person where I've done my best to comply/bend over backwards.

I cannot for the life of me find a number to call Ebay CS. I have tried many times but they make it impossible to find a number.

There is some real screwy stuff going on with my claim. After being instructed to return the item, Ebay CS sent me a note saying they were going to send me a mailing label to return it. I told them I already sent it back and gave them the tracking number. I JUST got an email from Ebay saying they closed the case because I filed more than 30 days after the delivery date, which is not true. Such BS...

I sent Ducoso and email asking if he sold fakes because I heard his stuff were fakes. This was his reply:

I am NOT selling fakes. These are originals. Look at my feedback to bid with confidence. Coa supplied by me. Peter.

Malvin

Edited by malvin