• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Did anybody go to the Royal National last week? I probably go about 3 or 4 times a year and it has become really disappointing. Once upon a time you could not move for bodies and 1 year they had to open up an extra room which is usually reserved for the guests staying at the hotel, how times have changed.

Some of the big dealers seem to have deserted this venue as well which brings me on to a dealer i have not seen in ages. Does anyone know what happened to Ken harman? Does he still deal and does anyone have any contact info for him.

I think I recall a boardie here saying that he sold up his partnership in The Book Palace and retired abroad. But, that was a few years ago.

Since this for people from the UK, does anyone buy from Disposable Heroes?

I have a few subscriptions from Forbidden Planet, and often get the odd comic from Disposable Heroes. I was thinking of changing my subscriptions to them, since Forbidden Planet charge postage.

However, on 3 occasions Disposable Heroes have sent me the wrong comic. The first time was easily sorted, however, since the second (2 weeks ago) and third (Yesterday, which was ordered a while back) I haven't been able to get hold of them. I've messaged, and resorted to messaging through eBay and Facebook because I only got a reply (11 days ago) asking for my order number.

Its becoming frustrating trying to get a reply.

I don't buy new stuff, so can't help you, better off buying older stuff, like these. :grin:

I actually remember paying the princely sum of 15p for my original copy of this book back in the 70's, won these two books off ebay for a steal.

marvel%20comic%20album_zpsj7nhjkjk.jpg

thor_zps59nbypm4.jpg

Did anybody go to the Royal National last week? I probably go about 3 or 4 times a year and it has become really disappointing. Once upon a time you could not move for bodies and 1 year they had to open up an extra room which is usually reserved for the guests staying at the hotel, how times have changed.

Some of the big dealers seem to have deserted this venue as well which brings me on to a dealer i have not seen in ages. Does anyone know what happened to Ken harman? Does he still deal and does anyone have any contact info for him.

I asked the same question a while back, and as Paul stated, I was told he sold up and moved abroad.

I used to travel down from Carlisle in the early 90's and make a weekend of it, the place was rammed as you said, Vault, Cosmic comics, Goldust, Justin ebbs, those were the days. :cloud9: