• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Well I bit the bullet and went for it on these 2 in that recent Ebay sale. I presume some other of the Pep run ended up in the hands of boardies? I looked these over and feel pretty good overall. The 26 had a little more staining on the front than I had envisioned but the 36 is brilliant and clean. Bummer the cover is detached. Anyhow, here ya go.

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

Had the above slabbed. The 26 came back a blue label 4.0 with Off White pages and the 36 came back as a universal 3.5 (detached cover) with WHITE pages! I'm happy with both grades. The 36 really looks fantastic.

Nice! I always hold my breath when buying raw books on eBay. Glad these worked out for you.

Well I bit the bullet and went for it on these 2 in that recent Ebay sale. I presume some other of the Pep run ended up in the hands of boardies? I looked these over and feel pretty good overall. The 26 had a little more staining on the front than I had envisioned but the 36 is brilliant and clean. Bummer the cover is detached. Anyhow, here ya go.

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

Had the above slabbed. The 26 came back a blue label 4.0 with Off White pages and the 36 came back as a universal 3.5 (detached cover) with WHITE pages! I'm happy with both grades. The 36 really looks fantastic.

Nice! I always hold my breath when buying raw books on eBay. Glad these worked out for you.

I couldn't agree more. Grade aside, I was just pleased to hear they both came back universal for you! Congrats!

Pep26.jpg

Pep36.jpg

I couldn't agree more. Grade aside, I was just pleased to hear they both came back universal for you! Congrats!

Thank you. Reputable seller so I didn't think it was too risky.

Ironically, I've only had 2 raw books ever come back with undisclosed restoration. And neither were on ebay. One was HA who handled it well and one was from Metropolis who handled it just ok.

IMG_0857_zpsw7okflqd.jpg

Added a new MLJ to the collection thanks to a boardie. First issue of this run that I've picked up.

And a great one to start with!

+1...I was only a Hearbeat away from pulling the trigger on that one myself!! Big congrats!! MLJ has a plethora of great material to choose from

Guys wanna help me save someone from getting ripped off? We have 1.5 hours to get this pulled from ebay.

Archie 2

No activity in over a year and the CGC verification tool confirms the books is not in the database. Clearly the bidding on it proves most people know it's , yet eBay has not removed it yet. I have reported it, but if I'm the only one it's pointless.

Guys wanna help me save someone from getting ripped off? We have 1.5 hours to get this pulled from ebay.

Archie 2

No activity in over a year and the CGC verification tool confirms the books is not in the database. Clearly the bidding on it proves most people know it's , yet eBay has not removed it yet. I have reported it, but if I'm the only one it's pointless.

I'm in... reported.

I've slowly been adding more Suzie books to my collection Even though the Suzie title starts with #49, I kind of feel like the final issues of Top Notch Laugh and Laugh Comix that came before it count as part of the Suzie run, once she became the main cover feature.

Here are my somewhat ragged issues of Top Notch Laugh 44 and 45. They're kind of rough but they are hard to find!

TNL-44a_zpsxaypwk8y.jpg

TNL-45a_zpssgjvhzdb.jpg

I've slowly been adding more Suzie books to my collection Even though the Suzie title starts with #49, I kind of feel like the final issues of Top Notch Laugh and Laugh Comix that came before it count as part of the Suzie run, once she became the main cover feature.

Here are my somewhat ragged issues of Top Notch Laugh 44 and 45. They're kind of rough but they are hard to find!

TNL-44a_zpsxaypwk8y.jpg

TNL-45a_zpssgjvhzdb.jpg

Very nice books. I agree with you wanting to include those books in the Suzie run. 44 is on of my favorite covers and I still don't have a copy. 45 I think is more common but still a great one to! Thanks for sharing!

Very nice books. I agree with you wanting to include those books in the Suzie run. 44 is on of my favorite covers and I still don't have a copy. 45 I think is more common but still a great one to! Thanks for sharing!

44 is one of my favorites as well.

TNL-44a_zpsxaypwk8y.jpg

TNL-45a_zpssgjvhzdb.jpg

Great pick ups, congrats! :applause:

TNL-44a_zpsxaypwk8y.jpg

TNL-45a_zpssgjvhzdb.jpg

Cool books - 44 & 45 are favorites of mine as well. They're both toughies. I think it's funny that Suzie's name is mis-spelled on the cover of 45.

Cross posted, but I have to share with the world.

Hard to tell for sure, Lauren, but if that picture was taken in a car I highly recommend a seat belt. ;)

:applause:

P.S. It just makes me happy to look at. I think I'll go pull my copies and stare for a while.

Edited by GoldenPRGuy