• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

Another Boardie has a restored book with this printing error on the cover. Interesting to see what it goes for--the last full cover went cheap for 10k (I think )to another boardie Any guesses what this will hammer at? I'll say 10k

Edited by Chicago Boy

Another Boardie has a restored book with this printing error on the cover. Interesting to see what it goes for--the last full cover went cheap for 10k (I think )to another boardie Any guesses what this will hammer at? I'll say 10k

Another boardie did win that full cover on ebay, and I think he got a pretty decent price on it as well.

Tougher to say what this front cover only will go for. Normally I'd say maybe $8k. It just depends on what people ultimately think of the colouring error.

-J.

They have come down recently tho. Much like everything else it depends on what was done to the book and the price range. I have seen a few in the 20K+ range that I felt went cheaper then I would have expected. There are a bunch up now so we will see some new price points on the low end.

I think it also depends on where people cap the price. Some will only be able to do a 10K, 20K or 30K book so the cost factors in greatly to the sale price IMO.

James G

Um there are several in various auctions.... CL CC, etc

There's a front cover only for sale on comic link and two restored copies on comic connect right now (a 0.5 and a 2.5). There's also a restored CBCS slab in the "for sale" section of comic link.

Not sure how any of those will tell us what the current "PPP" is for a low grade blue label (which have been conspiculously absent from the auction houses all year), unless of course Chicago boy's initial inquiry was pertaining to restored copies (of which I did not get the sense).

-J.

I think the pool to look at is pretty small. a couple of .5 restoreds went for around/ over 15k in the last year or so

I was directly responding to this which references restored copies....

Yes went haven't seen much of any blue labels in any grade.

James G

I think the pool to look at is pretty small. a couple of .5 restoreds went for around/ over 15k in the last year or so

I was directly responding to this which references restored copies....

Yes went haven't seen much of any blue labels in any grade.

James G

(thumbs u

-J.