• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I wish they would just do away trying to do the Joker. This "Jerome" was just terrible.

What!?!?! :o

I loved the character and he did the junior Joker pretty well, in my opinion.

+ 1

And I would think there are many others like appreciated his performance.

I thought so too. It wouldn't shock me if they somehow brought him back 'from the dead' eventually. Here is my reasoning:

When I was thinking about it, I figured there was one of two ways to go: Jerome either was or was NOT the Joker (duh). In my opinion, he was the perfect young Joker for TV; So if that were the case, when they cast for the character they chose him for what are, to me, obvious reasons. However....

The flip side is...what if he ISN'T the eventual Joker? That would mean that whomever is doing the casting already had tagged a different actor to be the Joker. Someone who is more 'Joker-ey' than Jerome was. A better fit.

I dunno, I'm not seeing a better fit, but that's just me. If their intention is to simply use Jerome as a catalyst for a different actor to pick up the role....who gets that role? Or is it something they ignore until the very end of the series?

Straw man - they don't have to have cast the joker at all. We all know the Joker's back story has a lot of mystery. Not to mention, Batman himself has a significant part in creating the Joker (it's a big part of his inner conflict and assessment of his greatest failures). I suspect they'll use a few of these character types over the seasons to tease the Joker's spirit without any of them being the actual Joker.

That's pretty much exactly what I was referring to about 'waiting until the end of the series'. I could see the last episode being the emergence of Bats and The Joker. That's a definite real possibility, IMO. Of course the show would have to run for quite a while to get to that point.

However, I think that there is a good chance that it is NOT a straw man. In fact, I think it's probably not. I think that we'll see the Joker eventually, whomever it may be.

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Jerome come back, though.

However, I think that there is a good chance that it is NOT a straw man. In fact, I think it's probably not. I think that we'll see the Joker eventually, whomever it may be.

I actually meant your logic/argument was a "straw man" - your explanation that either Jerome was the best fit or they'd already found someone better - those aren't the only options. C) they haven't yet or never plan to cast the actual joker

But I think we're on the same page either way (thumbs u

My friend told me that Gordon and the Dr are hooked up in real life and having their first child.

I wonder how they will deal with her being pregnant.

Yup, it was all over the interwebs a couple of weeks ago - especially at the custody hearing with her ex-husband.

I'm sure there will be strategic photography and set design used to conceal her progress. Similar to how Scarlett Johansson didn't show a baby bump in Avengers 2.

I actually meant your logic/argument was a "straw man" - your explanation that either Jerome was the best fit or they'd already found someone better - those aren't the only options. C) they haven't yet or never plan to cast the actual joker

But I think we're on the same page either way (thumbs u

You wanted to say false dichotomy, rather than straw man :)

Ep3 was a good one. I'm glad Jerome is done. He was a one-dimensional character but, as Barbara (significantly) said, "he had a certain something..."

This show is a roller coaster of quality. Every time I enthuse about it it goes downhill, so I'll try to restrain myself this time. Good ep though.

I really think Barbara is way gone, to far to bring back from crazy town,

I enjoyed jerome, he was great actor. But especially with TV characters all things must come to a end.

Who do you think the guy in next week's previews was with the hood on, asking about Bruce Wayne

This show is a roller coaster of quality. Every time I enthuse about it it goes downhill, so I'll try to restrain myself this time. Good ep though.
Still struggling to get through S1 on Netflix.

There was a scene (S1E18 "Everyone Has a Cobblepot") where a woman just threw down her weapon, turned to run and instantly collided with the bar right behind her. The momentum bent her at the waist and she banged her head on the bar, slid to the floor out cold.

It was a quick scene, but come on. Really? WTF Gotham?

Stuff like that is beyond ridiculous. That level of cartoonish stupidity, combined with the cartoonish sets, clothes and cars, makes that 'Batman and Robin' movie look like 'The Godfather' by comparison.

I get how fun it is to see new interpretations of characters we know. I really do. But Gotham seems to run between borderline-horrible and outright-horrible most of the time.

I didn't enjoy S1 at all, Davenport, but I decided to give S2 a chance and it's been really good so far. Hang in there.

Getting rid of Fish was a great step. Season two has been really entertaining, in my opinion. That scene of Penguin shot in profile screaming was fantastic.

I didn't enjoy S1 at all, Davenport, but I decided to give S2 a chance and it's been really good so far. Hang in there.
I'll try Calcnerd, I'll try. :)

Have to say this: Fish popping out her eyeball and squishing it with her shoe. meh That couldn't have been any dumber if she had peeled off her entire face revealing she's Ethan Hunt on a mission. Good grief.

The main thing, hell, the only thing making S1 Gotham tolerable right now is Morena Baccarin (Firefly, Homeland). The cost in brain cell die-off is high, but she's worth it. Big fan. (thumbs u

The main thing, hell, the only thing making S1 Gotham tolerable right now is Morena Baccarin (Firefly, Homeland). The cost in brain cell die-off is high, but she's worth it. Big fan. (thumbs u

Fan here as well. Absolutely loved her on FIREFLY (great line in reference to her...Mal: "She slapped me!" lol

Overall I greatly enjoyed S1 due to the core cast more than some of the plotlines, guests etc. But S2??? Feel like the took off the training wheels and just let fly. Some really really good stuff happening now. I hope they continue at this pace. One of the fastest 40-something minutes on TV.