• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I agree.

And the alien planet story is feeling repetitive. Hell, even the cover says so.

Personally, I wish the Battle Beast story would have gone the other way. With the baby Viltrumites, Thragg's no longer necessary and easily replaceable.

On the other hand, Battle Beast isn't. They started throwing us a bone with showing his race. But immediately dispelled it saying he was one-of-a-kind.

Patrick

you know, i really love how ryan is drawing all the alien stuff. he's so creative and does such cool stuff on the side, but, with the deadlines, its not as much fun. the art is stellar as always, imo. the story, maybe not so much. anytime theres a lull in Invincible story, i always check to see what else Kirkman is doing those days. anything walking dead…….duh. definitely the money maker for him. sometimes i feel that Kirkman is only doing Invincible to poke fun at the industry.

Just finished 123. To be honest I was very skeptical of the whole reboot, but the more I think about it, I'm getting excited. Has any other series done a similar style "self-aware" reboot?

On a side note

I was hoping for an epic Thragg fight and was a little let down.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

Haven't read 123. Without spoilers, can you say whether the issue ends on a conclusion of sorts, or a cliffhanger? I like to read in big chunks and like to find good stopping points along the way. I left off at 102 previously.

Edited by HeroX

Going to be some cool Invincible related NYCC announcements soon!

lets be honest for a moment.

i feel, at this point, the only "cool invincible related nycc announcements" could be a show/film or a McFarlane toy series.

EDIT: maybe a Rob Guillory or Tradd Moore guest artist issue would be cool too

Edited by simplyrob

It's just that Ottley will be at all four days of NYCC this year as a last minute guest!

Ah. I misread your post. I thought you meant an announcement made at nycc that pertained to invincible, not something that was just special for those at nycc. Wasn't he up there for the other NYCC thing? Bu$y bu$y.

Bought my first Invincible Original Art at NYCC. I got it because it reminded me when my recent ex proposed to me. It's weird reason to get it for that purpose but it was a fond memory. Worth the purchase.

image.jpg

upload png

Congrats! Hopefully the first of many pages! Interesting reason to buy it, without a doubt.

"I think there's a possibility" - @RobertKirkman on his other comic Invincible ever becoming a show

I think, as each day passes, this becomes less likely to happen. It'd be great, but, I'm certainly not holding my breath.