• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oct. 31 Days of Fright: post your HALLOWEEN-esque Covers
11 11

1,714 posts in this topic

Just got back from NYCC. What can i say? HUGE turnout. The good thing about that is that 'geek culture' is alive and well. Lots of twenty somethings and under. Hopefully these roots will thrive and bear fruit that will want my collection when a i'm senior and want to sell.

The bad? Just can get to be too much trying to move and look through dealers boxes. I used to love crowds. Not so much anymore. But again. it's all about new people coming into the hobby and keeping it strong. I give myself a 2 1/2 hour window, do a scout search, reconcile in my mind what i can and can't live without (read:afford)then go back and scoop up what i can.

No wall shots (sorry), but did see and talk to Harley, and Vinny and the boys (thanks for the book guys, and Vincent for ALWAYS greeting me with a smile and hand shake and genuine 'how are you. Met a new to me dealer, Ken Dyber of 'Cloud Nine Comics' from Portland, OR. Thanks for the conversation and eager to help searches through your boxes (and for admiring my Metro purchase). You and your wife are nice people(i thought that was your wife only because of the goo goo eyes you two had for each other. If that was your sister, i'm so sorry, i can misread goo goo eyes at times lol )

They also had this in their inventory (Told you Brian after i saw yours i was gonna score one). So love particular covers from this series now:

Headline%20Comics%2013_zpsacyjpgtg.jpg

(Told you Brian after i saw yours i was gonna score one). So love particular covers from this series now:

:applause: Glad someone else appreciates that cover.

I'm going to bend the rules now and show an SA book that i think fits this category and seems to be in high demand these days...maybe you'll try to find one of these next... hm

xpzynr.jpg

(Told you Brian after i saw yours i was gonna score one). So love particular covers from this series now:

:applause: Glad someone else appreciates that cover.

I'm going to bend the rules now and show an SA book that i think fits this category and seems to be in high demand these days...maybe you'll try to find one of these next... hm

xpzynr.jpg

Very cool Brian. I'm an MLJ super-hero guy, (with a few Archie Andrews and Co.comics issues in my collection). This is one i have not seen before, and now, i want one :D

Thanks for posting!