• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

That was painless. My monthly order was still open. Thanks (thumbs u

the pain comes when you get 1 copy...I have a feeling it's the people ordering 100 variants is what causes all the allocation...they reduce everyone to 1 to be ''fair'.

that's what I was thinking...they're considering it 1:10 for some reason though not sure how they can do that since all the #10 regular orders were already in. They should just do one massive print to order. For a donation there should be no allocation.

Edited by krighton

Alright, who bought all the charity 10 b covers from midtown..had some in my cart then poof.....I'm thinking my dcb order will be severely allocated....tfaw has a notice on their front page that they sold out.....even though the print run may be high, this one may get some legs

Ah, looks like they got some more in stock

Edited by krighton

Has anyone gotten the Deluxe Hardcover version that just came out?

I already have the regular issues but typically grab the deluxe HCs for the bookshelf. However, this one looked quite underwhelming at the LCS. Looks to be the same dims as the floppies and TPBs, not oversized or any other special treatment like Chew/Revival/almost any other recent Image deluxe version.

Kind of bummed since I like to reread the stories with larger paper stock for more visual details.

Has anyone gotten the Deluxe Hardcover version that just came out?

I already have the regular issues but typically grab the deluxe HCs for the bookshelf. However, this one looked quite underwhelming at the LCS. Looks to be the same dims as the floppies and TPBs, not oversized or any other special treatment like Chew/Revival/almost any other recent Image deluxe version.

Kind of bummed since I like to reread the stories with larger paper stock for more visual details.

I just put it on my watch list at IST because of this thread (having never read the comic). But your post has me second guessing. Hmmm...

I just put it on my watch list at IST because of this thread (having never read the comic). But your post has me second guessing. Hmmm...

The comic itself is superb, and the $9.99 TPB price point is a great bargain to attract new readers. When I figure a series is a long-time keeper worth multiple future reads, like Chew, I'll grab a deluxe hardcover and the larger page size is a nice bonus that amplifies that pages closer to their OA size.

Most Image hardcovers have been so nice that it's easy to become spoiled. You see something like Wayward with 50+ pages of extra bonus materials and you start expecting everyone to provide that for the higher price. Lazarus was one of the best hardcover values out there and I ended up triple dipping. Not only did it provide all the variant covers, but it had a ton of back-matter published in the comic.

The comic itself is superb, and the $9.99 TPB price point is a great bargain to attract new readers. When I figure a series is a long-time keeper worth multiple future reads, like Chew, I'll grab a deluxe hardcover and the larger page size is a nice bonus that amplifies that pages closer to their OA size.

Most Image hardcovers have been so nice that it's easy to become spoiled. You see something like Wayward with 50+ pages of extra bonus materials and you start expecting everyone to provide that for the higher price. Lazarus was one of the best hardcover values out there and I ended up triple dipping. Not only did it provide all the variant covers, but it had a ton of back-matter published in the comic.

I buy almost all of my comics as hardcovers, and I'm with you 100%. I love the oversize books from Image. And I'm still tempted by Southern Bastards, just to read it. But I've become spoiled, and hearing it's not oversize has me a little turned off by the idea.

Today's issue was very, very good which is par for the course. Very few stories make you care about characters the way this one does. It is probably due to the story being told from different people's perspectives. It has a lot more gray area than black and white...or red for that matter. Image still has several serious hits on it's hands and a few others are at the top of the heap. (thumbs u