• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper Girls by BKV & Cliff Chiang!

381 posts in this topic

I guess I'm one of the few that thinks "it's an ok comics"...... :fear:

Then again, when SAGA came out, I thought it was B-O-R-R-I-N-G.... Now I'm L-O-V-I-N-G it.....

I also think that "Battleship : The movie" was AWESOME :tonofbricks:

Then again, when SAGA came out, I thought it was B-O-R-R-I-N-G.... Now I'm L-O-V-I-N-G it.....

Is there someone who thinks Battleship wasn't awesome ? (shrug)

:roflmao:

Either too old or too young to understand the 80s

Okay so on Tuesday I hit a nearby LCS (even though it's closest to my house it's not my regular LCS) for "preview night" and he had a very small stack of Paper Girls out. He asks if I want to hold any issues to pickup and buy on Wednesday. I say sure, and I go through his small stack of PGs and notice most of them have a small "ding" in the middle of the back cover. So I pick three that DON'T have any dings along with some Star Wars etc. and he bags them and sets them aside for me.

I go in yesterday night after work to pick them up and he says he's limiting the # of PGs per customer and so I can only have one. Okay fine, no problem. He says "I pulled the middle one out of your stack for you". Great! He grabs my bag from behind the counter, rings them all up and I'm on my way.

I get home late last night and so this morning I pull out my one lone copy of PGs and lo and behold, it has a big ding in the middle of the back cover. :mad:

Buddy, you just lost a customer.

Frigging liars and cheats!

He meant to say, "I pulled the middle one out of your stack for you and switched it with a crappy copy. Your welcomed."

Exactly. He probably swapped them for his regular subscription list folks, but that's still a crapastic dishonest thing to do to an occasional customer.

Weird thing is, every book had the exact same size/shape/angle of ding in the middle of the book - except they were in different locations on the back cover.

Anyone else seeing a dent/ding on PGs back covers?

Yes. Boston, MA. But small sample set; the shop only had 4 copies (noon Wednesday).

Indentation is not exactly in the same spot as all 4 copies. But it's on the back and a quarter inch long.

Edited by revivedrevival

I enjoyed Paper Girls and am in for at least the 1st arc. Lots of details from the 80's that other books have missed (Deadly Class, for example). BKV always does a great job establishing character personalities in the 1st issue.

He meant to say, "I pulled the middle one out of your stack for you and switched it with a crappy copy. Your welcomed."

Exactly. He probably swapped them for his regular subscription list folks, but that's still a crapastic dishonest thing to do to an occasional customer.

Weird thing is, every book had the exact same size/shape/angle of ding in the middle of the book - except they were in different locations on the back cover.

dishonesty at its finest.. sorry, some store owners are just insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. He lost a customer over $ 3.00 :)

Okay so on Tuesday I hit a nearby LCS (even though it's closest to my house it's not my regular LCS) for "preview night" and he had a very small stack of Paper Girls out. He asks if I want to hold any issues to pickup and buy on Wednesday. I say sure, and I go through his small stack of PGs and notice most of them have a small "ding" in the middle of the back cover. So I pick three that DON'T have any dings along with some Star Wars etc. and he bags them and sets them aside for me.

I go in yesterday night after work to pick them up and he says he's limiting the # of PGs per customer and so I can only have one. Okay fine, no problem. He says "I pulled the middle one out of your stack for you". Great! He grabs my bag from behind the counter, rings them all up and I'm on my way.

I get home late last night and so this morning I pull out my one lone copy of PGs and lo and behold, it has a big ding in the middle of the back cover. :mad:

Buddy, you just lost a customer.

Frigging liars and cheats!

You don't have to out the store if you don't want to, just tell me the general area hm

Yes - small dent/ding on my back cover.

FANTASTIC read, btw.

what's the consensus, over 75k or under 75k...personally only seeing an initial 10 copies per store so far and those dwindled quickly after people realized more than marvel came out yesterday. No back dents on my copies so maybe it's regional

Edited by krighton