• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,687 posts in this topic

Too me, all comic collecting radiates outward from the early 70's, when I was sending away for FF back issues from Bell, Rogofsky, Crestohl, Comic Sales Company and attending the occasional convention. Half the FF books had covers and stories that I had never seen or read. When a package arrived, it was always an eye opening experience :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Too me, all comic collecting radiates outward from the early 70's, when I was sending away for FF back issues from Bell, Rogofsky, Crestohl, Comic Sales Company and attending the occasional convention. Half the FF books had covers and stories that I had never seen or read. When a package arrived, it was always an eye opening experience :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Rogofsky and Bell (and most dealers) shipped comics in those padded mailers and they could easily be bent. The mailers were stapled at both flappy ends. And if you ripped them apart, asbestos flakes and dust would bombard you. lol

Remember those?

Rogofsky and Bell (and most dealers) shipped comics in those padded mailers and they could easily be bent. The mailers were stapled at both flappy ends. And if you ripped them apart, asbestos flakes and dust would bombard you. lol

Remember those?

... they were often ripped partly open by the time they arrived. GOD BLESS...

gonna stretch it out to 75.

MgwGcYwl.jpg

Gotta go to 77 to complete the Worlds within Worlds storyline. 74-77 is just behind 57-60 and the Surfer trilogy as far as great FF arcs, IMO.

you think you can talk me into extending to 77????????

ok.

MgwGcYwl.jpg

Gotta go to 77 to complete the Worlds within Worlds storyline. 74-77 is just behind 57-60 and the Surfer trilogy as far as great FF arcs, IMO.

ok.

After which there is a great Doom storyline in the eighties followed by Torgo in the nineties... next thing you know your at 102. :whistle:

I often think that, eventually, I will sell at least part of my collection. Sometimes I'm OK with lots of stuff going away, some scenarios I keep more. In no scenario do I not keep the full run of Kirby's Fantastic Four.

+ 1

MgwGcYwl.jpg

ok.

:applause::applause::applause:

MgwGcYwl.jpg

ok.

After which there is a great Doom storyline in the eighties followed by Torgo in the nineties... next thing you know your at 102. :whistle:

lol So true. Gotta have 84 & 86 (both classic Doom covers).