• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Super-Heroes #298 - 1st appearance of Amethyst
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Awesome comments everyone ^_^

Amethyst does have a great deal of potential, as I've stated ~

Harry Potter has ended, and it didn't stop Warner Bros. getting back into that magical world; which they are doing with the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trilogy ~

Adapting Books of Magic as it's own problems, but Amethyst seems like a contender; Enchantress is already having her own appearance in Suicide Squad as noted, plus Zatanna is rumored to be one of the members of the upcoming Dark Universe film; Amethyst being a member of that team too it should be mentioned.

An Amethyst adaption would be a cross between Harry Potter and Superman to an extent; plus they could easily tie the threat of Mordru if the rumored Legion of Super Heroes film does come to pass, which I think it possibly will.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but I would be curious if your answer would be similar if someone asked you about Rocket Racoon a few years back.

----------------

RR was already in the 2008 GOTG series, which, granted, was not a big hit, but he was featured prominently enough. His 1st, 2d, etc. app took off with the movie announcement a few years later. So, yes, in hindsight it would have made a lot of sense to hoard those cheap early apps like crazy in 2008-2011 or whenever right before it got hot.

I'm an idjit though...I passed on his mini in a dollar box AFTER MP and Hulk 271, etc. got hot, figuring who would care about his 4th, 5th, etc. app....Seriously, nobody cares about those apps for anyone else.

I hope all those people who bought or will buy high grade slabbed Shazam 28s at the peak really enjoy owning them because they'll never see a return on that "investment" if they hold on to them after the movie

Black Adam is a cool character though.

I'm still hedging my bets for an Arak or Atari Force renaissance...

jeeze, in reading the thread i can't believe someone already beat me to the Arak joke

and, of course, i'm stockpiled in #1, which will continue to be worthless as it is not the first app

Exactly :3

Enchantress will appear, and Zatanna is all but confirmed ~

Amethyst is the only logical choice to follow ~

But....she's not in Justice League Dark, is she?

Also, as far as I know neither Enchantress or Zatanna have been confirmed for any TV or movie role.

Enchantress is being played by Cara Delevingne in Suicide Squad ~

Guillermo del Toro confirmed Zatanna's appearance in the Justice League Dark film.

Gotcha, forgot about Suicide Squad.

The Justice League Dark film has not be confirmed for production yet. All that has happened is Del Toro wrote a -script and it's been a while now.

It's alright ^_^

True, but given Zatanna's importance within JLD it'd be unrealistic for her not to be included ~

And there's the rumored Legion of Super Heroes adaption; Mordru not being the ultimate villain too would be rather large missed opportunity.

I just can't see Warner Bros. not wishing to continue with the magical-nature of things after the release of the third Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film ~

I don't think this is going to ride any magical coat tails, it will ride DC universe coat tails and maybe have a movie to cater to girls (like the gem and the holograms) that their brothers can stand watching too. with that said, why would it need to be a live action movie?

I don't think this is going to ride any magical coat tails, it will ride DC universe coat tails and maybe have a movie to cater to girls (like the gem and the holograms) that their brothers can stand watching too. with that said, why would it need to be a live action movie?

Well because thats why the DC Extended Universe are focusing on now; plus it'd be an excuse for DC to heavily delve into the Magical universe; similar as to how Marvel are delving into the supernatural aspects with Dr Strange ~

Suicide Squad: Enchantress

Dark Universe: Constantine

Dark Universe: Zatanna

Dark Universe: Madame Xanadu (rumored)

Dark Universe: Phantom Stranger (rumored)

Dark Universe: Sargon the Sorcerer (rumored)

Dark Universe: Zatara (rumored)

The only reason I feel Amethyst is a true possibility is if a Legion of Super-Heroes film is announced; to which it was rumored, then you'd have to introduce Mordru at some point with a Legion of Super-Heroes film, then you'd most likely have to bring in the element of Gemworld which falls back to Amethyst.

This is one of the reasons I'm totally sure they'd explore Amethyst at some point ~

Just wait till Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ends.

That Amethyst #1 35 cent price variant will probably be a good book to have if anything happens with the character too. THAT is a tough one especially in high grade.

My suspicion is that it's easier than #2...