• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

There is a slabbed 9.0 Two-Gun Kid # 60 on eBay right now, thought some boardies who may have otherwise not had seen it, may be interested in bidding.

Just for the record, this is not my auction nor do I know the seller.I would just like this book to get the attention it deserves.

There is only a single bid on it now, 3 days left....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-GUN-KID-60-FIRST-MATT-HAWK-KIRBY-REBOOT-CBCS-CGC-9-0-SLIGHT-RESTORATION-/291509199623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43df4d6307

It's a apparent 9.0 with slight resto, the label indicates 2 small dabs of color touch and minor trimming to upper right edge.

Paper quality looks very nice and it is also not a PGX slab, another +1.

If I had not been buying way too much lately, and I also was not looking at an inordinate amount of books I need to send off to CGC, I'd try my luck at biddng on this piece ... <3

Seller is a board member, too.

Good to hear that.

That's the best looking copy of that issue I've ever seen.

Unless there are interior or back cover problems, it is undergraded, IMO.

Imagine it without the resto!

Yeah, I haven't seen a nicer copy.The grader's notes paint it as a solid 9.0....but it's a helluva nice 9.0.

There was a sharp CGC 7.5 which closed for $1550 about a month or 2 ago.....this book is much nicer, even with the resto.......*kind of*.... that is, it would be much nicer had some dolt not trimmed it.

The grader's notes pasted below, make the resto seem very light.Even the amount of trimming sounds pretty marginal.

The highest grade universal on the census is an 8.5, 2nd highest universal is the 7.5 I referenced above...other than a 9.0 Qualified on the census, this book simply does not exist in the census in 9.0.

I'm very curious to see what this book closes at.....

0008555-AA-001

Grade: 9.0

Page Quality: Off-White/White

Category: Restored - Amateur - Slight

Notes:

1/2" edge crease bottom front cover breaks color

small substance center back cover

Top edge of front & back cover trimmed.

bend through bottom right corner

spine stress

tiny bend-crease through top edge

red color touch spots on top spine

small tear bottom staple back cover

Hi Guys,

Yes, that is my Two Gun Kid 60 in resto 9.0. Back cover is gorgeous. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know. It looks AMAZING in hand. I don't know the source of the resto. I bought it from Tom Kalb as a PGX 9.0 with the same resto mentioned and had it re-slabbed to verify that the trimming on the top of the cover was true. It has a bid on it currently but if someone wants to throw me an offer, I'm all ears.

Jim "gunsmokin" Van Heuklon

...try "Circle 8 comic book pedigree"..... if I recall, there is only one entry with significant info. In short, it is a huge collection of distributor returns.... CGC considered it a pedigree at first, then amended it to a warehouse find. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u