• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

http://www.comicvine.com/lionheart/4005-50214/

Says right there on the page he was part of Justice League Task Force which also had Aquaman (Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice) and Black Canary (Arrow) so the proof is in the pudding

What kind of pudding?

I like chocolate, myself.

Lionheart is English so I was thinking fig?

I got caught up at work and missed this...

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/301757073778

Basically a free X-men 266

if you're comfy buying from a new seller from international...

I got caught up at work and missed this...

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/301757073778

Basically a free X-men 266

if you're comfy buying from a new seller from international...

Valid point.

I'm still waiting for my check from that Nigerian royal family I helped out 3 months ago.

Hey, me too! Man, they sure have a lot of royalty in trouble in Nigeria!

What's everyone's thought on Avenging Spider-Man 9 (Carol Danvers as Captain Marvrel)? I see that the print run was pretty small for an issue like this (a little over 37,000). I asked this elsewhere, but would you pick up a second copy?

I would. I have no problem selling 1st and 2nd prints for $10-15 easy.

Lot of logic here. Currently the market is full of speculators who weren't in the market a few years ago. You only need to look at the growth of Goggle Groups, Facebook and Speculator web sites. This has all exploded in the last couple of years. Good or bad it will take a few years to play out. Its happened before some of us are old enough to have had a prime seat when it happened last time.

1st app vs cameos is a prime example of the changing mentality. I am not sure it will stay around, but at some point somebody is going to get tired of paying thru the nose for a book with just a cover appearance. The trick currently is convincing the next guy. Its pretty easy to see it when the only discussion is a print run, 1st appearance, or variant.

Very true. I am one of those speculators who got back into the mix thanks to these websites.

Heyyyyyy, I resemble those remarks. I got back into the hobby in Aug 2013. I thought variants were very cool and bought a lot of them. Now, I still speculate on moderns but I know enough to have Silver, Bronze and a little Copper in my collection and to not buy so many variants.

It's all a learning experience. Unfortunately, the "old guard" are pretty uppity when it comes to speculation.

Regardless of what people think about how others should spend THEIR OWN money, the hobby is just fine. In fact, some of the new collectors/speculators are the ones buying their Gold, Silver, Bronze and Copper so that they can buy that same book in a higher grade (speculation). It's still called speculation. Even "readers" aren't buying books to fold up and put it in their back pocket. Books are read very carefully so as not to cause any, or more, damage, speculating that the book will not decrease in "value". Speculation, Holmes.

Again you weren't here for the last go around with large scale speculation from card dealers. So please don't tell me you understand the market when you just above admitted to being a victim when you started.

I got nothing personal against speculation. We all do it some extent. Even your ridiculous paragraph about doesn't really bother me. Where I have issues is just the outright lying and manipulation that comes with large scale speculation. Or when speculator web site pump a book that they themselves have bought dozens of copies. You cant be unbiased when you are vested in the success of the book you are reporting on.

I seriously doubt you know what readers do with their books or even what they read.

I do not think all spec sites are trying to market manipulate or doing it to sell their own books. I know there are a couple that do, but several that don't.

That's a very naïve way to look at it I guess.

Hey as long as the speculation is up front I got no problem with it. As long as you freely admit you are hyping books that you possess. Everyone's got an opinion right?

Just don't catch me seeing you selling a bunch of copies that just BTW I featured on your blog/spec site this week. It just kills your credibility.

You don't need a web site to pump a book. All you have to do is post in one of these heating up threads after you've bought a bunch of books on ebay for cheap and then bid up the remaining copy to a high amount.....so let's say you snag Justice League International Annual 4 for $3 or less per copy but buy all that you can find on ebay, initial investment of what a $100 and then there's a few auctions left so you say something like "Oh wow I just tried to buy JLI Annual 4 on ebay because I heard Lionheart is going to be in Legends of Tomorrow in the third season and all of the BINs sold today???" in this thread, which will compel someone to go and bid on the live auctions that you've already bid on by this point, just make sure you bid at least $20 on this $1 book and then boom you've got a book that's heating up...you can then sell your $1 books for $12-$15 ($5-$8 below the gavel price so a bargain for the new owner right!) and now you've profited off of speculating...

the first rule of pump and dump is not to explain pump and dump.... there will be a riot at your door shortly I'm sure.

ha probably, I don't have any JLI Annual 4s but y'know, these things can easily get out of hand if people don't verify the hotness of books.

There is a lot of truth in the above. Really it comes down to doing some homework on books with weird price jumps. Show me a pattern and I am a believer.

Clone supposedly on track for a feature film ...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/david-schulners-clone-getting-live-action-adaptation?utm_campaign=david-schulners-clone-getting-live-action-adaptation

Probably due to sheer disbelief in its success, eBay isn't quite up to date yet ... but I'm hanging onto my sole copy of the Adlard #1. (Not to mention all those 5th Anniversary variants. ARGH!)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/david-schulners-clone-getting-live-action-adaptation?utm_campaign=david-schulners-clone-getting-live-action-adaptation

Probably due to sheer disbelief in its success, eBay isn't quite up to date yet ... but I'm hanging onto my sole copy of the Adlard #1. (Not to mention all those 5th Anniversary variants. ARGH!)

Fricking hilarious. I pulled together a $1 Image box a week ago for a late October show and found a couple of each cover of #1 still kicking around. Looks like I will have to dig through it to find them again....... lol

Lot of logic here. Currently the market is full of speculators who weren't in the market a few years ago. You only need to look at the growth of Goggle Groups, Facebook and Speculator web sites. This has all exploded in the last couple of years. Good or bad it will take a few years to play out. Its happened before some of us are old enough to have had a prime seat when it happened last time.

1st app vs cameos is a prime example of the changing mentality. I am not sure it will stay around, but at some point somebody is going to get tired of paying thru the nose for a book with just a cover appearance. The trick currently is convincing the next guy. Its pretty easy to see it when the only discussion is a print run, 1st appearance, or variant.

Very true. I am one of those speculators who got back into the mix thanks to these websites.

Heyyyyyy, I resemble those remarks. I got back into the hobby in Aug 2013. I thought variants were very cool and bought a lot of them. Now, I still speculate on moderns but I know enough to have Silver, Bronze and a little Copper in my collection and to not buy so many variants.

It's all a learning experience. Unfortunately, the "old guard" are pretty uppity when it comes to speculation.

Regardless of what people think about how others should spend THEIR OWN money, the hobby is just fine. In fact, some of the new collectors/speculators are the ones buying their Gold, Silver, Bronze and Copper so that they can buy that same book in a higher grade (speculation). It's still called speculation. Even "readers" aren't buying books to fold up and put it in their back pocket. Books are read very carefully so as not to cause any, or more, damage, speculating that the book will not decrease in "value". Speculation, Holmes.

Again you weren't here for the last go around with large scale speculation from card dealers. So please don't tell me you understand the market when you just above admitted to being a victim when you started.

I got nothing personal against speculation. We all do it some extent. Even your ridiculous paragraph about doesn't really bother me. Where I have issues is just the outright lying and manipulation that comes with large scale speculation. Or when speculator web site pump a book that they themselves have bought dozens of copies. You cant be unbiased when you are vested in the success of the book you are reporting on.

I seriously doubt you know what readers do with their books or even what they read.

I do not think all spec sites are trying to market manipulate or doing it to sell their own books. I know there are a couple that do, but several that don't.

Why on earth would anyone spend the time to create a site on speculation books for any reason other than to sell the ones they have?

You know what's cool...?

I can hear that in your voice now...

:D

I know, right? lol so very cool!

I sold a few Adlards in the last 12 hours for $14.99 each. Wasn't sure why, but now I know.

http://www.comicvine.com/lionheart/4005-50214/

Says right there on the page he was part of Justice League Task Force which also had Aquaman (Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice) and Black Canary (Arrow) so the proof is in the pudding

What kind of pudding?

I like chocolate, myself.

Butterscotch, hands-down. :cloud9:

Go pick up turtles 50 tomorrow, major event happens. Could be a quick flip

......another "death"..?

I'm pretty sure before the day is over, some speculation site will announce it but you heard it from me first, major event happens.

Go pick up turtles 50 tomorrow, major event happens. Could be a quick flip

......another "death"..?

I'm pretty sure before the day is over, some speculation site will announce it but you heard it from me first, major event happens.

We didn't hear anything yet. (shrug)

Throw it in a spoiler tag.