• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
14 14

3,111 posts in this topic

Knocked one off the list!

The 122 in my latest sub got a 9.6 :headbang:

I also got a 9.8 on my 69. When it rains it pours apparently. I'm cool with the White Mountain copy so that 9.8 will make someone very happy.

congrats! What was the grade on the White Mountain? is that also 9.8?

9.6. I have a strong preference for pedigree books, especially White Mountain, so someone else can have the glory of that 9.8

I kind of got that impression from the context but wanted to confirm.

Makes sense to me. Quick question though-- does the CGC competitive set point system add extra points if a book has a pedigree designation? Or PQ? [/quot

No, but to my mind, considering the premium that I've paid (repeatedly) for pedigree copies, the market certainly thinks of them differently, so the registry should.

Edited by rob_react

The book I won last night, was a pretty, pretty, pretty, HUGE personal win & accomplishment!

It was the sole book I needed to complete my DD #1-157 set, in 9.4 ow/w or better!!

sig.jpg

Needless to say I'm on :cloud9:

D756041A-C5B6-4EAA-9B5C-77EA395C6DA4_zpsoh0invi1.jpg

:applause:

:applause:

Wow. :headbang: 1-157? In 9.4 ow/w or better?

I'm green with jello! Congratulations, sir.

How long did it take you to amass that?

The book I won last night, was a pretty, pretty, pretty, HUGE personal win & accomplishment!

It was the sole book I needed to complete my DD #1-157 set, in 9.4 ow/w or better!!

sig.jpg

Wow. :headbang: 1-157? In 9.4 ow/w or better?

I'm green with jello! Congratulations, sir.

How long did it take you to amass that?

sig.jpg

Thank-you so much!! :headbang:

Yes, #1-157 and than Spidey #16, #18 and JIM #116.

With those three books added into the mix, I have the first ten appearances/cameos of DD in comics. :cloud9:

In 2006 I bought my first slabbed DD book.

(Wow, it will almost be a decade ago, that my affliction for slabbed DDs began. Didnt realize until I was editing my post)

2007=>2008 spring/summer was when I totally decided I wanted to do a complete run for this DD Registry Set. With 9.4s as my grade and page quality in ow/w or better, my parameters were set and I than embarked on an 8 year conquest.

Which started out extremely fun and informative. I was buying HG slabs. I was able to snag quite a few low number issues for great prices and even two single digit issues for very reasonable sale price and the other hammer of an auction.

Than a couple years into it I started learning more signs of proper 9.4 contenders in my sub piles, and than which were plausible pressing candidates. In 2011 and 12, for some reason I made it more into job or business endeavor. It started becoming stressful, time consuming, an expensive habit because I was forcing it and not enjoying "collecting." So I chilled out, was more patient, started actually honing my eye for strict NMs to sub or soft NM- that had pressable defects. It became fun again, it was once again a hobby of collecting my favorite Marvel character - not a tedious labor of love.

In my eyes, ow/w pages were a happy medium to go with for page quality (I obviously know I could resub an ow/w book ten times and each time it could come back different PQ) and 9.4s are a grade that wouldn't break the bank, be a sound investment for my kids or their kids and just a grade that was for the most part, readily availabe throughout the year with the various venues we use.

.......Besides it was a fantastic outlet for my perfectionist traits and OCD quirks!! lol

Thank-you again for the congrats!!! :foryou:

Edited by icculus308win