• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
6 6

705 posts in this topic

Steve's quick estimate was that the 2nd copy was a 3.0 and the nicer copy was 5.5 and could press to a 6.5, but this was a few years ago.

I just looked at the comiclink listings, and I think my copy looks way better than the 7.0 closing later today.

I don't know what the back cover looks like, but the front cover scan of your nicer copy is stunning.

+1 looks nicer than a 7.0

Was surprised to win this, very happy about it though considering ebay prices!

scan0001_3.jpg

..... with Zod being a constant in the Superman mythos, my opinion is that this book is still available, for some reason, at reasonable prices. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nice copy. I am scanning my recently reunited portons of my collection . Started with dc2 and adventure, but not until 290s. My tracking says I am complete from 277 u til after the legin ended and on until 387. Still not positive I have this book.

Since this thread has popped back up, thought I'd post a couple new ones for me.

Picked these up in Baltimore from the infamous Richie Muchin:

Adventure258_zps6fpv5xmi.jpg

Adventure271_zpsqbez0qbk.jpg

The 258 is a hard one to find in any grade.Probably because it contains Jack Kirby Green Arrow and is a high demand book. Would very much like one myself.

Great pickup!

Since this thread has popped back up, thought I'd post a couple new ones for me.

Picked these up in Baltimore from the infamous Richie Muchin:

Adventure258_zps6fpv5xmi.jpg

Adventure271_zpsqbez0qbk.jpg

The 258 is a hard one to find in any grade.Probably because it contains Jack Kirby Green Arrow and is a high demand book. Would very much like one myself.

Great pickup!

Yes, very nice :luhv: gotta love those purple covers

You know, it doesn't get much attention these days, but the death of Ferro Lad in Adventure #353 was a pretty big deal when it was released.

A super hero? Dying? At DC?

Before the advent of Internet sales, Adventure #353 seemed to be non existent in the NM range. So were some other issues, such as #357. The above copies are all really nice. Even more impressive that they were bought when originally published and yet survived so well. My copies from that time were read so many times and moved from place to place. No wonder they did not fare well condition wise.