• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

The JIM 16 in CGC 5.5 went for nearly $2K last night...

....it left me in the dust. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yeah, me too. By about $700. :tonofbricks:

I'm just not convinced these prices can be sustained. Albeit their great books, I just can't justify dropping that much coin on these PCH books. But hey, ya never know

Whoa. I have a 16 that's in roughly the same shape, maybe a 5.0, that I would sell for a lot less than $2k if either of you are interested.

I'm just not convinced these prices can be sustained. Albeit their great books, I just can justify dropping that much coin on these PCH books. But hey, ya never know

Nothing is sustainable, including niche GA markets. However there are enough nutters like me out there who obsessively collect Atlas pre-code that the bubble won't burst for a while yet.

I'm just not convinced these prices can be sustained. Albeit their great books, I just can justify dropping that much coin on these PCH books. But hey, ya never know

Nothing is sustainable, including niche GA markets. However there are enough nutters like me out there who obsessively collect Atlas pre-code that the bubble won't burst for a while yet.

I don't want to see the bubble burst, but if it deflated a little, it would be "ok" with me.

Here's a last pre-code issue transitioning to the new realities of the comics code

Voodo 19 becomes Vooda 20 and 21

Nice little run there of the final issues of what had previously been a pretty decent horror title.

I pulled out my boxes over the weekend to file some new arrivals and decided to take a pic of my favorites.

pch2_zpsw43bdadf.jpg

:cloud9:

Apparently you and I think and collect alike...:wink:

Just an outrageous collection. I can dream of a few low grade copies of those, at best.

I did post this in the Comics Market section but not a heavy traffic area at times.

Ebay seller comics4less has over 600 pre-code/code horror auctions this week. I don't ever recall this many at one time on eBay from 1 seller.

comics4less horror auctions

Very impressive. Wish this collection had been around when I was putting my runs together. Might've saved me a lot of time. lol

I did post this in the Comics Market section but not a heavy traffic area at times.

Ebay seller comics4less has over 600 pre-code/code horror auctions this week. I don't ever recall this many at one time on eBay from 1 seller.

Very impressive. Wish this collection had been around when I was putting my runs together. Might've saved me a lot of time. lol

I am always amazed at the volume of good stuff that Pete comes up with. A big dealer that somehow flies under the radar...

I am always amazed at the volume of good stuff that Pete comes up with. A big dealer that somehow flies under the radar...

In the last few months, his eBay auctions have gone from worth checking out, to ballistic. There have been some great books listed over the last month or so, and now there's this 600 issue lot of Atlases.

It's all been down to hard graft and patience - eventually the great books turn up.

I just wish he'd opt out of the damn GSP... :pullhair:

In the last few months, his eBay auctions have gone from worth checking out, to ballistic. There have been some great books listed over the last month or so, and now there's this 600 issue lot of Atlases.

It's all been down to hard graft and patience - eventually the great books turn up.

The GSP is bad news? Have not had to use it (from the selling end obviously).

I wanted the Weird Mysteries 6 in 6.5 that he had up this past week, but did not want to go to $2000 for it.

Don't you have someone in the States wins could be shipped to who could then send them along to you directly?

Don't you have someone in the States wins could be shipped to who could then send them along to you directly?

I did! It's hard to find boardies who are prepared to accumulate packages on my behalf on a regular basis, which is understandable. Not too bad if it's only the odd one here and there...

As it happens, I won two books from Comics4less yesterday...

The GSP is bad news? Have not had to use it (from the selling end obviously).

I wanted the Weird Mysteries 6 in 6.5 that he had up this past week, but did not want to go to $2000 for it.

Bad news for foreign buyers, and it can shrink the bidder pool somewhat for U.S. sellers. Good that you haven't opted to use it.

And I didn't expect the WM 6 to go that high - I never did my homework on that overlooked book (at least compared to the two issues that precede it) but it is certainly scarce in above FN...