• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

I would love to see this...

HBO Watchmen Series

I don't know.

If they went with the original story, it would seem played out as we have already seen/read it twice before.

If they go with the Before Watchmen stuff it could be good but in the end you still know where it is going to end up so it would not be very satisfying. To me anyways.

I was thinking they could create new material within the Before era. They'd have a lot of freedom and space.

Agreed.

It still leaves what we know is inevitably to come. It is hard for me to become invested because of that.

True.

I'm just hungry for a "good" comic book-based TV series. I'm either bored or insulted with the current lot.

Off topic...but I saw the first two episodes of Limitless and liked it. Made me laugh a few times too.

Lots of potential with comic book series. You did see Daredevil right? I can't remember.

Yes...loved it.

So...studio exec gives you a wad of cash and wants you to develop a hit adult tv series based on a comic book...what source material do you use?

I would love to see this...

HBO Watchmen Series

I don't know.

If they went with the original story, it would seem played out as we have already seen/read it twice before.

If they go with the Before Watchmen stuff it could be good but in the end you still know where it is going to end up so it would not be very satisfying. To me anyways.

I was thinking they could create new material within the Before era. They'd have a lot of freedom and space.

Agreed.

It still leaves what we know is inevitably to come. It is hard for me to become invested because of that.

True.

I'm just hungry for a "good" comic book-based TV series. I'm either bored or insulted with the current lot.

Off topic...but I saw the first two episodes of Limitless and liked it. Made me laugh a few times too.

Lots of potential with comic book series. You did see Daredevil right? I can't remember.

Yes...loved it.

So...studio exec gives you a wad of cash and wants you to develop a hit adult tv series based on a comic book...what source material do you use?

Nexus

Lone Wolf and Cub

Planetary

Martha Washington

From Hell

John Byrne and/or Johnathan Hickman's Fantastic Four

The Spirit

Dark Knight Returns (miniseries)

Time Beavers

Airtight Garage

Akiko

Planetary

Mike Grell Warlord

Ostrander/Mandrake Specter comic

Alien Legion

Jonah Hex (could work really well as a TV western)

JBJV7tC.jpg

Cthulhu Collector's Edition Monopoly Game:

Who is the Great Old One among you?

Play Cthulhu Collector's Edition Monopoly!

Features Cthulhu and H.P. Lovecraft-style imagery.

Game tokens straight from the Cthulhu mythos!

Set foot for Miskatonic University, and battle it out with other Cthulhu occultists to find out who truly is the Great Old One among you. This Cthulhu Collector's Edition Monopoly Game features fun Cthulhu and H.P. Lovecraftian style imagery, plus game tokens straight from the Cthulhu mythos! The winner of Cthulhu Monopoly shall be deemed most like the Great Old One and the most fit to inherit his mantle. Whether you win or not, you lose and become one of Cthulhu's mindless zombies. Hooray! For ages 8 and up. 2 to 6 players.

[+]

Heard part of this interview on the drive home and thought I would share - sorry if it's been posted before:

BBC Radio 6 Music - The First Time With...David Gilmour

Thanks for posting that...that was great. I listened to the whole thing. I don't think I've ever heard anything from his first band before.

Summary

Features

1) Structure/Format

2) Membership Date and Post Count Transferability

3) Board History Access

4) Search Engine

5) Avatar Size

6) More Emoticons

7) Selective Signature Viewing

8) PM Search Capability

9) More Versatile Ignore Function

10) View & Reply Sorting

11) Mobile Support

12) Profile Notes

13) PM Auto Away Message

14) More Video Embedding Support

15) 50 Word Post Limit

16) Posting Limitations Based on Registration Date/Post Count

17) Themes

18) Daily Post Count Limit Per Thread

19) Post Count Levels Rather Than Actual Number

20) Better *SPOON* Filter

21) Yearly Post Count Limit

22) Auto Spoiler By Post Size

23) Quote/Reply Limited To One Post (Not Up To Ten)

24) Video Chat

25) See Previous Profile Names

26) HTML Content Support

27) Auto Size/Click Enlarge for Pics

28) New Date Ranges for GSBM

29) Post Like/Dislike

30) Syncronized Cookies Across Devices

31) Kudos Transferability

32) Add Atom Age

33) No Edit Post Time Limit

34) Move Club Threads

35) Link Auto-Shorten

36) Games Room

37) "My Posts" Transferability

38) Completed Sale Section

Bug Fixes

1) Next Page Bug

2) Old Quote Bugs

3) Multi-Page PM Bug

4) HTML Code Appears in Forum Lists

Giggles

1) High School Pics of Greggy

2) Custom Title Editor

3) Obliteration Function

4) Pizza Delivery Button

5) N00b Accelerator Option

6) Mani/Pedi Check Feature

7) Online Gambling

PS - This list does not imply overall support, feasibility or commitment to implementation; it's simply a summary of what has been discussed so far.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

GCY5Y9n.png

The bottle is a limited edition collectible — Pepsi is planning on only making a run of 6,500 bottles — and will be sold only while supplies last. Those looking to purchase the bottle can do so for $20.15, not quite as pricey as the $50 that Christopher Lloyd's Doc Brown gave Marty in the film. The bottle will be sold online, though Pepsi recommends fans check out the company's social media pages closer to the Oct. 21 launch date to know exactly where they can purchase it.

LINK

TALOS - U.S. military is on its way to getting its Iron Man

The military's suit will be made of liquid armor that can solidify on command.

Fitted with the protective gear -- the Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit, or TALOS -- troops would be more lethal and better protected, particularly the vulnerable first soldier to breach a compound.

An amalgam of academics, defense industry types and Pentagon personnel are trying to fine-tune the battery-powered exoskeleton, which would reduce strain on the body, provide superior ballistic protection and in-helmet technologies to boost communications and visibility.