• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

hm

Are these actually from Garage Sales/Flea Market/Antique Malls?

Steller collections!

no - was a purchased collection - looking over several earlier discussions - this is kind of the best all in one "in the wild" area to drop book finds (keeps main area cleaner).

one last pic - I have not posted all the books - but a nice sampling of them. Total for silver was 290 - mostly marvel and dc -like 20 others.

been holding on to that CGC coupon - looks like a great time to use it

the spideys - are in the best shape of the bunch. Though- a little staining on the 9.

...1D7F279C-8264-4FBA-80DF-A8A8CC8E419A.jpg

wow-- those are some great finds. Can you talk more about how you stumbled on to this deal? I doubt it was a cheap pickup. Was this in Chicago or did you have to travel for it?

not trying to locate them or anything-- just curious about how much effort it took to reel these puppies in.

Luck!

Chicago area.

Was word of mouth - part of an estate. Spoke with the new owner a couple of times - and was invited over today. It was actually a contact made by a buddy of mine - so he is getting a good bottle of Tequila.

He was incredibly organized - was not really a comic book person - but knew about collecting. He had a list of all of the books - and had used overstreet to get a good value estimate (using REASONABLE grades too! lol) - it was wild - as he also had a "sell" price that was reasonable. Note - that I actually analyzed the pricing myself too.....

Some books are definitely dogs - but I will still do ok and even some of the dogs will sell for $20.....

I also did the right thing - his asking price was a little low - so I upped his offer, lol......

It is actually a great example of what Robot Man and others were saying to one of the boardies - you have to keep plugging and networking. I have found many other decent collections - but this one probably has the most "wow" in the fewest books.

I usually sell on ebay - but I will definitely save some of them for board sales. Especially the ones I get graded.

later

dave

wow-- those are some great finds. Can you talk more about how you stumbled on to this deal? I doubt it was a cheap pickup. Was this in Chicago or did you have to travel for it?

not trying to locate them or anything-- just curious about how much effort it took to reel these puppies in.

Luck!

Chicago area.

Was word of mouth - part of an estate. Spoke with the new owner a couple of times - and was invited over today. It was actually a contact made by a buddy of mine - so he is getting a good bottle of Tequila.

He was incredibly organized - was not really a comic book person - but knew about collecting. He had a list of all of the books - and had used overstreet to get a good value estimate (using REASONABLE grades too! lol) - it was wild - as he also had a "sell" price that was reasonable. Note - that I actually analyzed the pricing myself too.....

Some books are definitely dogs - but I will still do ok and even some of the dogs will sell for $20.....

I also did the right thing - his asking price was a little low - so I upped his offer, lol......

It is actually a great example of what Robot Man and others were saying to one of the boardies - you have to keep plugging and networking. I have found many other decent collections - but this one probably has the most "wow" in the fewest books.

I usually sell on ebay - but I will definitely save some of them for board sales. Especially the ones I get graded.

later

dave

wow congrats on the pickups :)

I hit a monster home run this afternoon. Best collection I've ever found. Will be picking it up tomorrow. Trust me on this, gentlemen. Holy cow.

Okay, coming from you this has me definitely tuning in to this thread even moreso than usual. You lucky dog, you.

Edited by Epic Peach

I hit a monster home run this afternoon. Best collection I've ever found. Will be picking it up tomorrow. Trust me on this, gentlemen. Holy cow.

Okay, coming from you this has me definitely tuning in to this thread even moreso than usual. You lucky dog, you.

+1

:popcorn:

Original owner, Dan? GA?

Can't wait to see it.

Original owner, Dan? GA?

Can't wait to see it.

1. Yes

2. Some.

Original owner, Dan? GA?

Can't wait to see it.

1. Yes

2. Some.

Most Excellent...congrats sight unseen

hm

As I stated before, nothing posted in here HAS to be from garage sales, flea markets or antique malls. That was the original intent of the thread, but we all love seeing great comic book /comic related/unique item finds so it was decided a while back to just let her fly and post what you want no matter where it came from. (thumbs u

hm

Steller collections!

no - was a purchased collection - looking over several earlier discussions - this is kind of the best all in one "in the wild" area to drop book finds (keeps main area cleaner).

one last pic - I have not posted all the books - but a nice sampling of them. Total for silver was 290 - mostly marvel and dc -like 20 others.

been holding on to that CGC coupon - looks like a great time to use it

the spideys - are in the best shape of the bunch. Though- a little staining on the 9.

...1D7F279C-8264-4FBA-80DF-A8A8CC8E419A.jpg

Awesome books, Dave!