• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I am a big fan of the AIT books. Very nice!

I was pretty happy with my wins tonight on CLink:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

For sure! #30 especially is a great one, and haven't found a copy yet. There is a reasonably priced beater on eBay of it, last I looked. Great Harry Anderson cover, though not immediately recognizable as by him as some of his are, IMO. :)

More useless bookends

Highest graded

2wrq3wx.jpg

Isn't that a Gerber No Show?

Might be, but I don't have my Gerbers at hand to check. Thing is about the Gerber guides, many of the latter issues of a few PCH titles were left out, not because they were scarce, but he just edited them out to have room for other things.

I believe that Mysterious Adventures is present -- but the very last, code-approved ones I think were left out. Other books, like Beyond 29, I think also are no-shows due to running out of room (to pick one example.)

Mys Adv 4 is shown in Gerber.

As I got deeper into collecting Atomic Age and 50s books I became more aware of the gaps in the books. Ernie had a lot of photos ready of more 50s books but was not in a financial position to fund publishing more volumes.

Another Venus pick up tonight on Clink. :grin:

d1a169126f90c1b6598c65061497eee966917849.jpg

Such a cool, and often overlooked, book from that very transitional title. It has everything!

Another Venus pick up tonight on Clink. :grin:

d1a169126f90c1b6598c65061497eee966917849.jpg

Such a cool, and often overlooked, book from that very transitional title. It has everything!

Agreed, and as well, that's a perfectly appealing 5.0, great appearance -- I would welcome an entire collection of 50's books at that grade level with that kind of eye-appeal. I am envious! :)

Mys Adv 4 is shown in Gerber.

As I got deeper into collecting Atomic Age and 50s books I became more aware of the gaps in the books. Ernie had a lot of photos ready of more 50s books but was not in a financial position to fund publishing more volumes.

I might be thinking of Fight Against Crime #4. Don't have my books to check for sure right now.

Received these two eBay wins in the mail today. Coupla books I've been wanting for quite awhile;

2cypdav.jpg

316rwpv.jpg

Love the Beyond. One of my favorite PCH books. I have it as a screen saver on my work computer right now.

I'll second that on the Beyond!

Great pickup on that one fifties! (thumbs u