• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find a SS Superman PF at a decent price. I got into the statue thing too late!

Personally, I think the Superman comic PF is the best piece in the DC line (maybe tied with the comic Joker). Other than the base being a little bland, I think it's pretty much flawless. Good luck with your search. I wouldn't hesitate to go a little over retail though, as I can see that piece going for 2x retail or more in the near future. Unlike Batman, there aren't a lot of options for Superman as of yet, and the PF is as definitive as it gets.

I'm on the waiting list with Sideshow, but I don't know what my chances are. The ones on eBay already have an ask price of 2x retail, but I don't know if any are selling at that price.

I completely agree, it's a great statue, and perfectly in line with the books that I collect. For years, I've enjoyed looking at the Sideshow booth at SDCC, but it wasn't until this year that I thought "why don't I just buy one of these?" Should have started sooner!

Have you guys checked Statue Forum or SS Freaks for sale section?

I've looked at SS Freaks marketplace, but it seems to be folks selling their collection. I'd rather have a new one, rather than one that's been gathering dust on someone else's shelf.

Thanks for the idea, though! :foryou:

has anybody gotten any new statues or hoping to get new ones in the coming months.
Just got this monster in. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.

wow how many boxes it came in?
Three in total. One for Prime, one for the base, and one for Grimlock. Shipping was a little costly up to Canada. :insane:

If anyone lives in the Washington, Michigan area someone is selling some nice older Frazetta statues pretty cheap for local pickup. I would be all over these if I was local.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Death-Dealer-Frazetta-Dark-Horse-FULL-SIZE-Statue-MIB-/131616103562?hash=item1ea4ee5c8a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conan-Barbarian-Clay-Moore-Frazetta-e-Statue-/131616109761?hash=item1ea4ee74c1

I debated the Mark 42 myself, but read some poor reviews about the paint apps. How are yours? Looks fine from the pics but its tough to tell. Its a real nice piece and I want an Iron Man in 1/4 scale to go with my collection.

nearmint, GRAB THE SUPERMAN PF ASAP! Its a beauty piece... one of my faves I own :)

I am going to order the Green Hulk PF any day now. Just waiting for it to say "shipping now".

Edited by Erndog

I debated the Mark 42 myself, but read some poor reviews about the paint apps. How are yours? Looks fine from the pics but its tough to tell. Its a real nice piece and I want an Iron Man in 1/4 scale to go with my collection.

nearmint, GRAB THE SUPERMAN PF ASAP! Its a beauty piece... one of my faves I own :)

I am going to order the Green Hulk PF any day now. Just waiting for it to say "shipping now".

I heard the same thing about the Mark 42 but my piece is stellar. I'm actually blown away by it and think it's some of Sideshow's best work to date.

Get yourself an Iron Studios IM....

11177_zpsunlgawrt.jpg