• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

I just recently ran into a guy from my home town that has an original one. He wants $1500 so we worked out a payment plan. I don't make mad money but it was the only thing I could think to get it. So soon as I pay it off I'll post a picture. God bless

I just recently ran into a guy from my home town that has an original one. He wants $1500 so we worked out a payment plan. I don't make mad money but it was the only thing I could think to get it. So soon as I pay it off I'll post a picture. God bless

:applause:

-J.

:applause:

-J.

AwwYeaWithText.png

Jerome

The sad reality is that, at the moment, Stan's sig still sells books no matter his affiliation. I bough a Hulk 181 signed and sketched by Herb Trimpe for $350 and a similar book with only Stan's sig sold shortly after for $450. It's crazy.

I can see why sellers will invoke the name of Stan when trying to sell, even when Stan hasn't touched the book. meh

Stan's sig on a book he is not involved in is a deterrent for me. Many times I have passed on a book with a Stan Sig. :pullhair:

Which is getting harder to do.... at the rate he is signing, EVERY book will be signed in another 5 years!

Stan's sig on a book he is not involved in is a deterrent for me. Many times I have passed on a book with a Stan Sig. :pullhair:

Agreed.Not that I'm a huge SS seeker but there has to be a strong affiliation to the book itself for the sig to desirable IMO.

The sad reality is that, at the moment, Stan's sig still sells books no matter his affiliation. I bough a Hulk 181 signed and sketched by Herb Trimpe for $350 and a similar book with only Stan's sig sold shortly after for $450. It's crazy.

I can see why sellers will invoke the name of Stan when trying to sell, even when Stan hasn't touched the book. meh

It's also one way to spot a flipper. I ignore those books like the plague. His sig really only belongs on low to low-mid grade SA/BA books and recent tribute variants, imo. Otherwise, that $100 increase is still breaking even after his sig fee and (re)grading costs.

Jerome

I don't mean on a book he has nothing to do with. I mean comparing value of books using a copy signed by Stan to price a book NOT signed by Stan.

That's the one I was referring to. Why did the bidders go over PGX to CGC? Maybe they prefer PGX? :tonofbricks: