• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Maybe it has already been asked, but is there a reason for which you and your family are moving so often? Its not so practical when you are trying to earn while dealing with comics :shrug:

To be fair, its also not practical to deal comics when you don't have any money, don't have a huge collection to begin with, don't have a ton of comic knowledge, and very little business experience and education, very few comic connections, don't live in America, and live with your parents.

So I would say moving around a bit frequently is much less of an issue.

That's almost right...I don't have a job but I do have health coverage for everything but prescription drugs and I don't leech off my dad since he lost he's job and he's on ei as is my mom which means he doesn't make as much so I pay for more things than I used to before.

You sound like a good kid but how will an unemployed kid with very little knowledge of this hobby help with his unemployed parents? You should probably just find a job and worry about selling books later. Set your priorities man.

Thanks my priorities are to find a job first but while I'm waiting for callbacks I don't see why I can't sell my comics in the meantime I'll kill two birds with one stone making extra money while looking for a job. Yes I don't have lots of knowledge of this hobby but that's what I'm willing to learn.

Selling books on consignment that you don't have in hand is only going to end badly IMO.

That's what I'm trying to change and I only have one consignment sent to me so far

I'm just really surprised that the seller has so much trust in you considering all of the red flags (no job, moving from place to place, no track record, etc.).

Selling books on consignment that you don't have in hand is only going to end badly IMO.

That's what I'm trying to change and I only have one consignment sent to me so far

I'm just really surprised that the seller has so much trust in you considering all of the red flags (no job, moving from place to place, no track record, etc.).

So am I but he said he started from nothing and someone gave him a chance so he's doing the same with me.

Maybe it has already been asked, but is there a reason for which you and your family are moving so often? Its not so practical when you are trying to earn while dealing with comics :shrug:

To be fair, its also not practical to deal comics when you don't have any money, don't have a huge collection to begin with, don't have a ton of comic knowledge, and very little business experience and education, very few comic connections, don't live in America, and live with your parents.

If one has to take into account all these, he would never start to do anything. You do not amass comics knowledge in a day, you can’t have business experience unless you haven’t managed a business of any kind before, and same goes for every kind of education.

I also can’t see what the fact of living with someone else (in this case, his parents) has to do with this. Of course, living on your own and having an office or studio might help, but as far as space goes I believe most people (and even some dealers) live within familiy situations.

I trust Gabriel won’t turn off any job while he is dealing with comics. I am not sure about love for the books, as most dealers started as collectors so I see attachment and love for the books as a possibly important starting element, but I appreciate his perseverance which will always pay in the end. (thumbs u

If one has to take into account all these, he would never start to do anything. You do not amass comics knowledge in a day, you can’t have business experience unless you haven’t managed a business of any kind before, and same goes for every kind of education.

I also can’t see what the fact of living with someone else (in this case, his parents) has to do with this. Of course, living on your own and having an office or studio might help, but as far as space goes I believe most people (and even some dealers) live within familiy situations.

I trust Gabriel won’t turn off any job while he is dealing with comics. I am not sure about love for the books, as most dealers started as collectors so I see attachment and love for the books as a possibly important starting element, but I appreciate his perseverance which will always pay in the end. (thumbs u

Thanks, yes I would never turn down any job that I would be offered while doing comic books it'd be foolish for me to do so before my situation stabilizes and in the meantime I have time to learn about this business. Also I do see the need to have some sort of space for my comics because right now they are in the same room with me and I persevere because I'm tired of giving up if that makes sense.

Thanks, yes I would never turn down any job that I would be offered while doing comic books it'd be foolish for me to do so before my situation stabilizes and in the meantime I have time to learn about this business. Also I do see the need to have some sort of space for my comics because right now they are in the same room with me and I persevere because I'm tired of giving up if that makes sense.

(thumbs u

Today's thoughts

Yay the ba12 I got looks awesome

Thoughts and plans

I'm going to get my ba12 signed, pressed and graded by a presser/cgc witness and hopefully the comic will be signed by Bruce Timm at a con somewhere :)

Edited by uchiha101

Today's thoughts

Thoughts and plans

I'm going to get my ba12 signed, pressed and graded by a presser/cgc witness and hopefully the comic will be signed by Bruce Timm at a con somewhere :)

Why? You are going to be reselling it. Having it signed by Bruce Timm will decrease the number of potential buyers. Most people don't know who he is.

Today's thoughts

Thoughts and plans

Why? You are going to be reselling it. Having it signed by Bruce Timm will decrease the number of potential buyers. Most people don't know who he is.

I did think about that but according to how the trade went I'll be breaking even if it would get a 9.0 blue label so I'm getting is signed to get more money out of it plus no one even gave it a grade yet :(

Edited by uchiha101

Today's thoughts

Thoughts and plans

Really? SS copies of this book consistently sell for higher than their blue label counterparts.

8 8