• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

Just picked this one up! It took me longer than I was expecting to track down. I wasn't specifically looking for a SS version but I liked the price and it actually has good signature placement. The signature isn't smeared it is just pixelated from the compression of the scan. Sorry for the scan quality but I LOVE the cover!!!

cm_spidey_02_front.jpg

I find the stories behind the comics more interesting than seeing the same cover for the umpteenth time, where is the love for the artwork, characters and writers. The images of the Scorpion, Rhino and the Master-planner storyline's are magnificent and iconic. This is what got me into collecting Spidey in the first place. Today's Spidey has lost his appeal but thank goodness there are still many of his past appearances yet to find. If a story is good like the DeWolf or Name of the Rose and the classic Last hunt then it can only help the character progress, yes I was one of those One more day haters. That was not the moralistic Spidey I knew and loved, his morals were on par with Cap, he cares.

Well said....though I still collect and sometimes enjoy current Spidey issues One More Day was a pile of garbage and QuesAda should be ashamed.

Amazing Spider-Man: Spiral by Gerry Conway recently was a good read.

Nothing beats those silver age classics though.

The story arc "Shred" featuring the Lizard (at the end of the Gauntlet story arc) is terrible. I had these issues and never read them until recently, but what is being done here ranks among the worst (and does not even make sense, as Connors and Lizard are treated like they are different people, not to mention that

he kills and eats his son, Billy. :sick:

. Real "sick", and I do not mean "good" by that…

Yes that storyline was lazy writing, again you had an honourable man and a spill personality of a reptile with both of them having a shared connection, a common bond. I don't believe the Lizard would harm anyone deliberately unless attacked first, turning everyone into reptiles yes killing no.

Yes that storyline was lazy writing, again you had an honourable man and a spill personality of a reptile with both of them having a shared connection, a common bond. I don't believe the Lizard would harm anyone deliberately unless attacked first, turning everyone into reptiles yes killing no.

Problem is, as much deranged Connors becomes when he turns into Lizard, he is basically an animal and not another person or monster, separated from him.

Also, we know from all Lizard's life experiences that – as you said – a glimmer of his conscience dazes in his inconscious when he is Lizard, and even if he could harm or even kill Billy or another loved one, that would have to be accidentally.

I initially believed the responsibility for this of the "Lizard persona" was of Dan Slott (reading the late storyline with Morbius), but I realized by reading "Shred" that Slott was presented with a mess already made. Not that Slott is so good: his characterization of Morbius is bad, but at least he’s not responsible for this "abomination". :sick:

Just picked this one up! It took me longer than I was expecting to track down. I wasn't specifically looking for a SS version but I liked the price and it actually has good signature placement. The signature isn't smeared it is just pixelated from the compression of the scan. Sorry for the scan quality but I LOVE the cover!!!

cm_spidey_02_front.jpg

(worship) So beautiful! Very nice.

This beauty just arrived in the mail today. It's a substantial upgrade from a 5.0 I've had for 20 years, especially since it looks like an 8.0 in a 7.0 holder. A big thanks to blue808 for working with me on it!

ASM09CGC70.jpg