• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Shaping up to be a barn-burner with the Romita ASM #39 half-splash, the Kane ASM #98 cover, the Kirby JIM #122 cover, the S. Buscema FF #123 cover (featuring the Silver Surfer), the Cracked #1 cover, etc. :popcorn:

Shaping up to be a barn-burner with the Romita ASM #39 half-splash, the Kane ASM #98 cover, the Kirby JIM #122 cover, the S. Buscema FF #123 cover (featuring the Silver Surfer), the Cracked #1 cover, etc. :popcorn:

yup, these auctions are fast becoming a spectator sport for me!

Seriously! I'm struggling to think of a comparably important piece that's been auctioned in the last few years... anyone?

ASM #121?

Hmm. Yeah, that's pretty close, I guess, though for me it's no contest given the superior artistic quality of the Adams cover and the sort of official-reboot-of GA (already started in B&B, but now in his own series), plus this book is kind of the beginning of the Bronze age the way Showcase 4 began the Silver.

Seriously! I'm struggling to think of a comparably important piece that's been auctioned in the last few years... anyone?

ASM #121?

Hmm. Yeah, that's pretty close, I guess, though for me it's no contest given the superior artistic quality of the Adams cover and the sort of official-reboot-of GA (already started in B&B, but now in his own series), plus this book is kind of the beginning of the Bronze age the way Showcase 4 began the Silver.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in your camp, too. But from a market standpoint, Marvel > DC, Spidey > GL. So I think a wash overall, even if we consider Adams > Romita.

This has nothing to do with value, or whatever this cover will end up selling for, just talking about their relative status as BA covers.

ASM #121?

Don't get me wrong, I'm in your camp, too. But from a market standpoint, Marvel > DC, Spidey > GL. So I think a wash overall, even if we consider Adams > Romita.

This has nothing to do with value, or whatever this cover will end up selling for, just talking about their relative status as BA covers.

Normally this would be true, but GL 76 seems to be one of those few DC books that seems to transcend the Marvel fanboys` normal parochialism.

There are, of course, quite a number of Marvel BA covers that would probably sell for more (Conan 1, Hulk 181 and GSX 1 immediately come to mind).

And now there are two more Spiderman 39 pages and some Ditko Spiderman 32 pages :o

Looks to be a sequence for ASM #39, pages 17, 18, 19. The Ditko pages and nothing to get too excited about. The splash should be an opportunity to get a "splash" on the cheap because its the weakest of the bunch. There's just something fishy about it.

And now there are two more Spiderman 39 pages and some Ditko Spiderman 32 pages :o

Looks to be a sequence for ASM #39, pages 17, 18, 19. The Ditko pages and nothing to get too excited about. The splash should be an opportunity to get a "splash" on the cheap because its the weakest of the bunch. There's just something fishy about it.

fishy ? how ?

fishy ? how ?

It's a shot of an underwater lair with fish swimming around it.