• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
10 10

1,730 posts in this topic

And these from the same seller on the same night.

scan0006_zpsf3lwlsap.jpg

scan0007_zpsg9wtmlrj.jpg

scan0008_zpsqq3jtovd.jpg

Previously my oldest Avengers was #21 so very happy to have got these. :)

Nice Haul!!! :applause:

I only collect raw books and it brought me much joy when I was able to add older issues to my collection.

Enjoy!!! :whee:

And these from the same seller on the same night.

Previously my oldest Avengers was #21 so very happy to have got these. :)

:golfclap:

Love seeing a fellow completist doing his thing!

+1

11a8wg6.jpg

Picked this up from this week's auction. One of my favorite covers.

.... when I was buying this era of Avengers off the rack in the 60's this is one that sold out before I could get a copy. That usually only happened with Avengers and FF...... sometimes ASM. That period of Avengers was SO chock full of genius..... Roy obviously loved that title.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

11a8wg6.jpg

.... when I was buying this era of Avengers off the rack in the 60's this is one that sold out before I could get a copy. That usually only happened with Avengers and FF...... sometimes ASM. That period of Avengers was SO chock full of genius..... Roy obviously loved that title.... GOD BLESS...

When I first got into collecting in the mid-80's, that period was one of the big ones that pulled me in.

11a8wg6.jpg

When I first got into collecting in the mid-80's, that period was one of the big ones that pulled me in.

..... back then Roy Thomas was a "young turk" pulling no punches..... he was a consummate craftsman who was trying to take comics to the next level. Even as a kid, I knew he took me seriously and didn't insult my intelligence. GOD BLESS...

Nabbed this one in the Comiclink auction last night, I've always liked the cover.

RADBAA892015811_85942.jpg

Very nice :applause: they've always been one of my favorites

I am looking to pick up a real nice copy of issue #9. Missed out on getting the Ohio copy back...but have my eye on two others.

I am selling some very early high grade AVGs in the upcoming Heritage auction including #9. Not sure what grade you are looking for Joey but check out my Pacific Coast copy in 9.6…

J8N7sU.jpg

I am looking to pick up a real nice copy of issue #9. Missed out on getting the Ohio copy back...but have my eye on two others.

I am selling some very early high grade AVGs in the upcoming Heritage auction including #9. Not sure what grade you are looking for Joey but check out my Pacific Coast copy in 9.6…

J8N7sU.jpg

(worship)

My latest addition to my modest run of early Avengers, from Clink last night.

RADAF20E2015922_17754.jpg

That's one pretty book :applause: congrats