• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Football and Nowhere Men #7 can't get here soon enough.

Paste: The Nowhere Men trade was also resolicited, signaling the return of the series to monthly comics. What can you tell us about the return of the series?

Stephenson: Not a lot, actually, apart from the fact we’ll be back in November with a new artist. Story-wise, issue seven picks up more or less where six left off. Oh, and that this time, it really will be a monthly comic.

Paste: It has certainly been a long road for the book since its debut in 2012. Looking at the books return, what would you say has changed about the series? What’s changed for you and the creative process, and how has the passing of time changed your influence, plans or outlook for the series?

Stephenson: Yeah, the first six issues took a long time to complete, which was obviously not how we’d planned things to go, but one of the upsides to that was I had more time to consider various things associated with the book. There were elements of the story I changed for the sake of expediency that wound up having an overall positive effect on the first arc, and some of that has carried over into preparations for the six issues.

The biggest difference in terms of outlook, though, is that I’m pretty aware of the uphill battle we’re facing in terms of reaching a readership that has likely grown impatient with us due to the long break. No one likes to wait forever, and that’s why we’re determined to get the next issues—and hopefully beyond—out on a regular basis.

From here

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/07/were-the-alternative-publisher-and-writer-eric-ste.html

New artist?! :cry:

Is this thing delayed again??? I don't/haven't seen orders available anywhere

Did we expect anything less? lol

On a more positive note, I have sold VF copies of #1 1st print the past couple of shows at $10 apiece (Midtown comics sent me 5 damaged ones with the rest of my order way back when). :banana:

4RaRPvn.jpg

NOWHERE MEN #7

STORY: ERIC STEPHENSON

ART: DAVE TAYLOR, EMI LENOX, & JORDIE BELLAIRE

COVER: DAVE TAYLOR & FONOGRAFIKS

JANUARY 13 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

NEW STORY ARC

ERIC STEPHENSON, JORDIE BELLAIRE, and FONOGRAFIKS welcome new artists DAVE TAYLOR and EMI LENOX as the Eisner-nominated series returns with the first of six all-new issues. Featuring thirty-two pages of story and no ads for $2.99, the second story arc picks up right where the volume one trade paperback left off and will ship monthly through May 2016.

Stephenson: Not a lot, actually, apart from the fact we’ll be back in November with a new artist. Story-wise, issue seven picks up more or less where six left off. Oh, and that this time, it really will be a monthly comic.

Wow only already 6 months behind and it hasn't launched yet. I hate that I liked this book so much.

4RaRPvn.jpg

NOWHERE MEN #7

STORY: ERIC STEPHENSON

ART: DAVE TAYLOR, EMI LENOX, & JORDIE BELLAIRE

COVER: DAVE TAYLOR & FONOGRAFIKS

JANUARY 13 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $2.99

NEW STORY ARC

ERIC STEPHENSON, JORDIE BELLAIRE, and FONOGRAFIKS welcome new artists DAVE TAYLOR and EMI LENOX as the Eisner-nominated series returns with the first of six all-new issues. Featuring thirty-two pages of story and no ads for $2.99, the second story arc picks up right where the volume one trade paperback left off and will ship monthly through May 2016.

:whee: