• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fakers on ebay

288 posts in this topic

I am a novice collector of original sketch art. I have been doing it for a few years, but still have a bit to learn. I recently bought a sketch from Ducuso. I am wondering how it is known that they are a seller of fakes. I am able to file a claim, so I need some solid proof if there is any.

Sorry to hear. If you have bought it recently, you don't need proof, you can file item not as described on ebay and ebay will generally take the buyer's side.

But if you can link to your specific sketch, there are many here that can clearly see that it is fake

Malvin

Well, first off, I may be mistaken here. The seller is Ducoso (Dutch Collectors Society) not Ducuso. If this is not the same seller, then I apologize.

Here is the sketch.

_1_zpsloszpj6y.jpg

I appreciate the help.

Edited by shanester

Well, first off, I may be mistaken here. The seller is Ducoso (Dutch Collectors Society) not Ducuso. If this is not the same seller, then I apologize.

Here is the sketch.

_1_zpsloszpj6y.jpg

I appreciate the help.

Same seller. Small picture but I can see 'hesitancy'. Kick it back. If you feel the need, run it by Burkey (romitaman.com) first to get his opinion.

Here is the sketch.

_1_zpsloszpj6y.jpg

I appreciate the help.

Yeah, that pretty much looks like a fake to me. Sorry, man. :(

A larger picture.

20151008_201233_zpsy1zhyjgh.jpg

I sent a shot to Romitaman just for the heck of it. I have filed a claim and the seller is pleading that everything he sells is authentic. I knew the price was maybe too good to be true, but I have gotten luck before.

Thank you Unca Ben. It looks pretty obvious now. I filed a claim and am hoping for the best. I ran it by Romitaman and he says fake.

I wonder what kind of things a novice should look for. I actually compare the signature to other and it looked good to me. I really only collect sketch art and mostly get my stuff from the artist if I can, but this has been an experience for sure. The seller claims he bought everything from a large reputable collector. I can only shake my head.

fake Bill Morrisson Krusty

here is another one, this looks like something Ducoso sold so maybe he bought it from them. Not sure about the rest of his stuff, the Tim Sale Hulk looks Iffy. The Timm Batman looks ok at first glance but knownign this other stuff and taking a closer look, maybe not.

Either way, buyer beware!

Malvin

I contacted the seller. He wrote

Dutch collectors society. Got it online a couple of months ago

Poor guy. I do wonder why he's selling so quickly. Do you suppose he suspects/knows it's a fake?

Somebody should tell him he has a six month kickback protection with PayPal, even though eBay only gives you 45 days :)