• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

BTW, if somebody can and want to help me with ASM v1 25, 40, 46, 50, 60, 63, 69, 87, 101 (all CGC9.0-9.2) 103, 104, 113, 149 (CGC 9.2-9.4), I would be so gratefull... I am willing to pay around 12 month average GPA and have a US address in case that is preferred. I am also open to raw books from reputed sellers.

I am suspicious. Looks like there might be some resto there to me.

It's an absolute joke. Just read the description. Practically begging whoever buys the book to "be a real collector" and not slab the book, but if you must, use the fine folks at PGX, who by the way suck at detecting restoration.

Not a single photo of the fanned edge of the book, probably because of a trim job that would be obvious. Spine looks touched.

I am suspicious. Looks like there might be some resto there to me.

It's an absolute joke. Just read the description. Practically begging whoever buys the book to "be a real collector" and not slab the book, but if you must, use the fine folks at PGX, who by the way suck at detecting restoration.

Not a single photo of the fanned edge of the book, probably because of a trim job that would be obvious. Spine looks touched.

Haha, I didn't even read that far down in their description earlier. It is certainly good for a laugh!

Besides being a great story, the cover is one of the best ever. A true classic.

I recall I loved when I have read the Annual (6?) where Peter discovers the information about his parents. I am still missing it in english and also the magazine you posted.

Other single stories I deeply enjoyed… If you allow two-part stories, surely Marvel Team-Up #3-4. :cloud9:

I just got this bad boy back yesterday :headbang:

Is there an ASM#39 club?

photo IMG_7596_zpsjt0cs8mg.jpg

WOW. Terrific copy. Blazing colors and WP doesn't hurt either.

Congrats!

Thank you!

I found it in the wild and I was shocked on how well kept the book was.

Edited by cheta42

I find the stories behind the comics more interesting than seeing the same cover for the umpteenth time, where is the love for the artwork, characters and writers. The images of the Scorpion, Rhino and the Master-planner storyline's are magnificent and iconic. This is what got me into collecting Spidey in the first place. Today's Spidey has lost his appeal but thank goodness there are still many of his past appearances yet to find. If a story is good like the DeWolf or Name of the Rose and the classic Last hunt then it can only help the character progress, yes I was one of those One more day haters. That was not the moralistic Spidey I knew and loved, his morals were on par with Cap, he cares.

I find the stories behind the comics more interesting than seeing the same cover for the umpteenth time, where is the love for the artwork, characters and writers. The images of the Scorpion, Rhino and the Master-planner storyline's are magnificent and iconic. This is what got me into collecting Spidey in the first place. Today's Spidey has lost his appeal but thank goodness there are still many of his past appearances yet to find. If a story is good like the DeWolf or Name of the Rose and the classic Last hunt then it can only help the character progress, yes I was one of those One more day haters. That was not the moralistic Spidey I knew and loved, his morals were on par with Cap, he cares.

+1

Well said....though I still collect and sometimes enjoy current Spidey issues One More Day was a pile of garbage and QuesAda should be ashamed.

Amazing Spider-Man: Spiral by Gerry Conway recently was a good read.

Nothing beats those silver age classics though.

Do you know it's a funny thing but in all the years I have been reading Spider-man comics I never noticed how 50 years had past me by. I just had so much fun waiting on the story's outcome. I can remember coming back from two weeks holiday to read issue 40, what a thrill that was to me learning how Spidey would escape. Yes I am older but certainly not wiser when it comes to classic Spider-man stories, I love the character so much. For the first time in my life I cancelled my pull list of Spidey titles with issue 700 and I still have 6 issues to go for a set but I don't miss the present run as they have lost their way. Thanks for the comments you can always tell a true fan.

Edited by tv horror