• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I think we've gotten a little too sensitive about what constitutes thread crapping . I've often expressed the opinion that pointing out factual inaccuracies in a sales thread is not crapping. Those grades are inaccurate...that's a fact, no matter what grading standards you choose to apply. That thread warrants a mild thumping, just to keep things real 2c

Ed

so this is acceptable?

Can the OP explain to me how this is a VF-? Seriously

and this?

Not seeing a 9.0 here:

Maybe post in the PGM thread before posting here if you're not sure about your grading. :eek:

I think we've gotten a little too sensitive about what constitutes thread crapping . I've often expressed the opinion that pointing out factual inaccuracies in a sales thread is not crapping. Those grades are inaccurate...that's a fact, no matter what grading standards you choose to apply. That thread warrants a mild thumping, just to keep things real 2c
With all due respect the guys VF didn't look better than his NM. He may be wide right, but he is consistently wide right.

Ed

so this is acceptable?

and this?

Not seeing a 9.0 here:

Maybe post in the PGM thread before posting here if you're not sure about your grading. :eek:

I have to agree with Hector. If various forms of thread crapping are allowed it can get out of hand very quickly. Would it only be acceptable if the seller is off by 3 grade points or more? 2? 1? What would be the the standard and how many comments are needed to point it out?

Ed

so this is acceptable?

and this?

Not seeing a 9.0 here:

I have to agree with Hector. If various forms of thread crapping are allowed it can get out of hand very quickly. Would it only be acceptable if the seller is off by 3 grade points or more? 2? 1? What would be the the standard and how many comments are needed to point it out?

Fine.

Ed

so this is acceptable?

and this?

Not seeing a 9.0 here:

Its like someone with a booger in their nose, just one to point it out. If they guy decides to let it hang there then, well, he's gonna hear it

Ed

so this is acceptable?

and this?

Not seeing a 9.0 here:

It's obvious crapping. But boy the grading is bad, it's hard to resist.

If, as it appears, these books are slightly overgraded, the seller is opening himself up to a massive return crisis. That, to me, would be the best reason to alert him in some fashion.

Dan

That's true. Basically they'd all be coming back.

But he's slightly over grading like Usain Bolt is slightly fast.

If, as it appears, these books are slightly overgraded, the seller is opening himself up to a massive return crisis. That, to me, would be the best reason to alert him in some fashion.

Dan

I saw you sing the 7th inning stretch at the Cubs game today

I find it refreshing.

Why the heck shouldn't people speak up for better standards.

A private message to a seller will not work.

Skirting around the reality doesn't work.

Making them take it on the chin is effective and opens more eyes.

Selling here is a privilege, not a right.

If you sell here for free than you should be held to a higher standard.

That thread is even worse than eBay.

I disagree.

Private Messages have worked for me and sellers have either adjusted grades or removed their books from the sales forum.

People can speak up all the want but there is a way to do it and a way not to do it. If you disagree with a store owner do you just start yelling in front of his customers or do you pull them aside and speak one on one.

Talking to someone in private is not skirting, it's being mature.

I don't think creating a gentleman's club of etiquette will work when

trying to show people the error of their ways.

Have you tried or do you just fire both barrels ablazing simply because you can't be bothered?

And if they want an opinion on their grades, feel free to send them to the 'Please Grade My' section to get a second opinion.

If people are good they will learn. If they are being nefarious and mischievous after a PM THEN you are free to call them out and haze them all you want.

But innocent until proven guilty should be the standard.

agreed the grading is bad but any other time the discussion takes place here and not there.

Yes...thanks for reeling me back in. I'm just growing weary of some of this ...I'll be back on track tomorrow. :grin:

It drives me crazy too but stooping to a lower level only makes things worse.

I agree with Hector.

Each thread is like a store front and people should act in someone else's thread the way they would act in someone else's store front.

Now if you want to discuss it in another thread like this one, you are free to complain and release tension till the cows come home.

Dan

I saw you sing the 7th inning stretch at the Cubs game today

HAHA-NO-GIF_zpsgvdlobtd.gif

I get that spoting sellers who are 'bad graders' is the newest sport but threadcrapping is still threadcrapping

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8846926#Post8846926

I find it refreshing.

A PM to this seller did work. I suggested he post his scans in the please grade my comic forum, and he did.

I get that spoting sellers who are 'bad graders' is the newest sport but threadcrapping is still threadcrapping

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8846926#Post8846926

I find it refreshing.

A PM to this seller did work. I suggested he post his scans in the please grade my comic forum, and he did.

I knew you're weren't such a bad guy :foryou:

I find it refreshing.

I knew you're weren't such a bad guy :foryou:

Jeffro - The poster formally known as Jerkfro