• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

Perlmutter eventually found his way into the world of toys, where he proved to be a sharp operator. In later years, stories have circulated of Perlmutter's overriding concern for the bottom line. "If there was some used paper or a memo lying around," said his long-time business partner Avi Arad in a 2009 interview with the Financial Times, "he would rip it into eight pieces and he would have a new memo pad."

According to one report, for a long time the Marvel headquarters had only one bathroom per gender, leading to insufferably long lines come lunchtime.

Friggin' whiners. lol

Be in an overcrowded HQ during lunchtime when folks are making a mad dash to the bathroom after being hunched over a desk for a few hours and see what that experience is like.

:ohnoez:

Is he the one that asked everyone to take down everything F4 related stuff off the walls of the Marvel Comics office?

And supposedly the X-Men comic decisions as well.

He's sounds like a d-bag :P

I also heard that he's cheap as hell :P:P

Supposedly he was involved in the situation where Terrance Howard was passed on for Iron Man II because of the salary.

:shrug: I like Cheadle better in most anything anyway. He can play the dramatic as seen in Hotel Rwanda and I thought he was great in the 'Ocean' movies.

Cheadle is a fantastic actor but both him and Howard are/were wrong for the role of James Rhodes. By the way, to me, Rhodes is Iron Man because when I was first introduced to the character, it was when Stark was on hiatus. When Stark finally returned, I was thinking, who is this schmuck? Being a Rhodey fan, my choice would have been along the lines of a younger Wesley Snipes, especially for body type/build. Today, I think Elba would have been the best choice.

I was going through my H-I-J books a few weeks back and was surprised to find out I had James Rhodes' early appearances. It was actually pretty cool to go through those books.

I like the Idris Elba suggestion. As have others.

1183897-idris_elba___rhodey.jpg

Collider goes into greater details about the Marvel Studios reorg.

Marvel’s Kevin Feige Now Reports to Disney After Significant Restructuring

Why is this significant? Well Perlmutter has a bit of a reputation. He’s a reclusive, somewhat eccentric CEO known for his thriftiness (he once complained that journalists at a press junket were allowed two sodas instead of one), and word has it that Feige has been battling Perlmutter throughout his tenure. Perlmutter is the one who was apprehensive about striking a deal with Sony Pictures to share the Spider-Man character. He’s also the person who almost put an end to Captain America: Civil War before it started. When Robert Downey Jr. was approached about appearing in the film, he decided it’d be better to co-star rather than to have a glorified cameo. Perlumtter reportedly didn’t want to pay Downey Jr. his full quote for the movie and instead wanted to scrap the Civil War arc altogether, but Feige eventually brought him around.

So now, instead of fighting to make headway on each film, it appears that Feige will be enjoying much more autonomy as he’ll be dealing directly with Alan Horn, who’s been rather thrilled with Marvel Studios’ success under Feige’s guidance thus far. Marvel’s Phase Three is pretty much already set so those films likely won’t be affected too much as a result of this change, but it’s possible we could see some grander ideas take hold in Phase Four should Feige stick around. Indeed, this new structure puts Feige much closer to Disney’s corporate inner-circle, so it’s possible he leaves Marvel sometime in the future for another big position under the Mouse House’s insanely large banner.

It sounds like Perlmutter came close to sabotaging Marvel's own roadmap over trying to keep the budget much lower than he had to make it.

:applause:

Smart reorg!

What is curious about this move is that Perlmutter will still maintain oversight of Marvel’s TV group, publishing, animation, and other New York-based operations. Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel TV, will continue to report to Perlmutter, which means the divide between Marvel Film and Marvel TV could continue to widen as the latter becomes the biggest thing under Perlmutter’s purview. The TV world of Marvel has long felt like “second-run MCU”, and I don’t imagine that’ll be changing anytime soon.

But this is interesting.

Tom Cruise's JACK REACHER 2 Gets A Release Date

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have announced that Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher 2 will arrive in theaters on October 21, 2016.

Production on the yet-to-be titled film, which is set to reunite Cruise with his The Last Samurai director Ed Zwick, is expected to kick off this November, shortly after Cruise finishes shooting the drug cartel thriller Mena with Doug Liman (Edge Of Tomorrow). In addition to Cruise, Cobie Smulders (The Avengers) was also recently reported to be in talks for a lead role.

Good Lord! 2016 is going to be a movie parking lot.

:ohnoez:

What are the chances of Marvel Studios working with Fox now that Perlmutter is no longer in charge of the film division?

:wishluck:

For Fox's it's a lost either way.

Perlmutter is still in charge of the TV division,there's no way in hell he's going to give the live-action X-Men TV rights to Fox.

:news:UPDATE: Added the movie CREED to the 2015 list. :news:

• September 18, 2015 – Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
  • September 25, 2015 – Hotel Transylvania 2
  • October 2, 2015 – The Martian (Fox)
  • October 9, 2015 – The Jungle Book (Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Bridge of Spies (DreamWorks/Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Goosebumps
  • November 6, 2015 – Spectre (Bond 24)
  • November 6, 2015 – Peanuts
  • November 13, 2015 – Friday the 13th (2015)
  • November 20, 2015 – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
  • November 25, 2015 – Creed
  • November 25, 2015 – The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)
  • November 25, 2015 – Victor Frankenstein (2015)
  • December 18, 2015 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Lucasfilm/Disney)
  • December 25, 2015 – Point Break (2015)
  • December 25, 2015 – Snowden

This movie is looking like it has more promise than expected.

Christopher Nolan's Next Movie Scheduled For 2017 Release at Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. will continue its long relationship with The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan, releasing his as-yet-untitled next feature film on July 21, 2017.

So far, nothing is known of the project. Nolan is generally inclined to keep as much as possible secret until the film is exhibited -- a habit that was taxed during his time in superheroes.

hm

Warner Bros. will continue its long relationship with The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan, releasing his as-yet-untitled next feature film on July 21, 2017.

So far, nothing is known of the project. Nolan is generally inclined to keep as much as possible secret until the film is exhibited -- a habit that was taxed during his time in superheroes.

hm

hm hm

hm

hm hm

The rumor is it has a medieval theme. And unfortunately, not comic book related.

But I did hope for Camelot 3000 when I heard the early rumors.

hm

hm hm

The rumor is it has a medieval theme. And unfortunately, not comic book related.

But I did hope for Camelot 3000 when I heard the early rumors.

Camelot_3000_1.jpg

Zack Snyder Really Likes The Idea Of George Miller Directing A DC Comics Movie

"No one would say that the best movie of the year isn’t Fury Road," Snyder told news.com.au. "It’s just a f***ing great movie. George doing one of the DC movies? Oh my God, absolutely. George can do anything he wants, in my opinion."

In 2007, Miller was set to direct a Justice League movie for Warner Bros., but numerous reasons halted that production. It would be nice to see him finally get to make a comic book movie, especially after Fury Road proved that the 70-year-old director has plenty of gas left in the tank.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck: