• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

That Challengers story is an all time fav. I still have my original copy from the fifties. I think it made me a Kirby fan for life.

5985282460_3c7239ee9e_b.jpg

Now that is one heck of a group shot. Wow. They look to be in pretty good shape. How did you manage to keep them from the proverbial 'my mom threw them out' situation ?

My Mom threw out all of my toys but kept the comics. She knew they were my favorites. It didn't stop my brother from reading them but he took good care of them.

With my purchase of an 8.5 issue 66 yesterday from Greg Reece, I now have a full run of 1-104 graded + raw. My 103 is the last book that I need to send in, and I am still waiting on 3 to come back to me that have been marked as graded for over 3 weeks.

Actually a CGC 9.2 copy sold for $5000 in October 2014 but that was before More Fun #73 exploded in November from a $3K book to a $38K book.

Of course, full disclosure I have a vested interest. :devil:

I guess these books belong in this thread if I want to show off a little? :shy:

Sorry about the scan quality difference. The books were scanned on two different scanners.

Bethlehem Pedigree sister copies with White pages.

Highest graded.

Showcase%2030%20CGC%209_4%20White%20Bethlehem%201345315004%20frontcover_zpszcjjhosy.jpg

Single highest graded.

Showcase%2031%20CGC%209_4%201203835016%20Bethlehem%20front_zpscyepgkcx.jpg

Indeed it is. What is that double what it used to sell at that grade?

If they ever announce a movie that book will go stratospheric!

Maybe people found out (at last) that Adam Strange issues are great...

Is it not the only explanation to see prices go higher and higher ???

;)

I wonder how much Mystery in Space #53 is worth these days...