• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Wish we didn't have to wait so long for season 2. I don't think I've been this excited for a new season of a show ever.

Even more than when you were all fired up over My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic?

FANMADE_My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic-en-VOSTFR.png

(:

:o How did you kn-er, what do you mean? I din't watch that sissy baby stuff. I'm all %100 masculinified male. :sumo:

Looks good. Hopefully they tightened up the mask a little. (thumbs u

Yeah, I thought the mask looked just awful when we finally got to see it. The cheesiness almost undid all the realism the previous look setup. Now, I'm glad they're not not going with a cowl, but at the same time I don't want DD to look like he's wearing a battle helmet either.

Looks good. Hopefully they tightened up the mask a little. (thumbs u

Yeah, I thought the mask looked just awful when we finally got to see it. The cheesiness almost undid all the realism the previous look setup. Now, I'm glad they're not not going with a cowl, but at the same time I don't want DD to look like he's wearing a battle helmet either.

Yup.

The suit/mask still look terrible.

Yup.

Weakest part of the whole show. They need to come up with something better.

Since the head of Marvel TV stated someone had to die in Season 1 that was a regular character leading to Ben Urich selecting the short straw (a deviation from the comics by Marvel :o ), someone has to feed information to Matt Murdock in his place.

Stephen Rider Joins "Daredevil" as Series Regular

Actor Stephen Rider has been cast as Blake Tower, as reported Thursday evening by Deadline. Here's the character description: "a District Attorney for New York City who helps Charlie Cox's Daredevil -- a lawyer in his civilian identity as Matt Murdock -- with information to help track down and capture criminals."

Blake Tower is taken directly from Marvel Comics history, having first appeared in 1976's "Daredevil" #129, created by Marv Wolfman and Bob Brown. In the comics, Blake Tower is also a New York City District Attorney.

stephen-rider-headshot-39530.jpg

I know I'm way behind, but I recently started watching the DD Netflix show. It's outstanding. I just finished Ep. 9 last night.

They've done a great job with cast, story and action/fight scenes. Definitely looking forward to Season 2.

I'm actually a little bummed that he will ultimately end up in the costume. I kind of dig the "masked man in black" outfit.

Drew Goddard Still Involved With Daredevil Season 2

“I love Marvel, I still work with them. I was in the writers room of Season 2 a couple weeks ago—it’s going. I think this sort of got portrayed as this sort of animosity, [but] it’s never been the case. They know I love their properties, they’ve been very nice to me, we just keep trying to find the right fit.

For me it’s all about how do I make it personal? With Matt Murdock I just had such a personal connection to that character it was just like, ‘I have to do this.’ I don’t want to—I call it “superhero karaoke”, I don’t wanna be a guy that just takes the comics and then shoots them onscreen. I think it’s our job to treat it as if it’s our run. If I’m the writer of a comic book, you wouldn’t just retell someone else’s story, you would just take that ball and move it forward.”