• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

thanks guys. i was tracking the 8.0 that sold thurs. in the live auction, but it had some fonky black overspray or something along the top edge that i didn't like. i bought the book not the label!

I'll bet when the book arrives they'll throw the label in for free.

ennamored. (:
doh!

Yeah, apparently Subby was too busy courting favor with the fairer sex to help Cap, Torch & Toro rescue Bucky from alien invaders... :ohnoez:

284aec41-449e-4581-9eef-6800b31c8448_zps87y7gocp.jpg

Cap gets Bucky through WW II, saving him how many times from Nazis. Peace finally arrives and the kid let's himself get captured by space invaders! doh!

Four fingered ones at that! :o

The little green invaders may be from Timely's funny animal side of the stable cleverly disguised as alien robots.

Also, Bucky appears to be frozen solid. I think he needs the Torch & Toro's help more than Cap's!

...How nightmarish! :fear:

P.S. Recently snagged this sweet Schomburg classic at Chicago Wizard. :cloud9:

Big thanks to Frank (Metropolis) for pulling this for me.

I watched this one for quite a while on their site thinking, "should I?" Great book and I'm glad it went to a boardie! :)

order is restored! a couple months back, somebody sent one of those "make an offers" on a past h'tage win of mine, and it was truly a godfather situation--i sold my old bp 14, and the global run had a hole in it. it is now filled. not as nice as the old one, but it'll have to do.

bp14.jpg

Great cover! I love the Blonde Phantom books. :cloud9:

Just arrived back today (was formerly a PGX, Graded at 2.5). Busted-out, Pressed and Cleaned by our very own forum member, Mike DeChellis .. I present to you: My very first Atlas (thumbs u

Cap77CGCFront_zpsidyg80xs.jpg

Just arrived back today (was formerly a PGX, Graded at 2.5). Busted-out, Pressed and Cleaned by our very own forum member, Mike DeChellis .. I present to you: My very first Atlas (thumbs u

Cap77CGCFront_zpsidyg80xs.jpg

Not a bad looking copy of a tough book.

Interesting that despite being cleaned and pressed, the CGC grade still turned out lower than the PGX grade. That squares with my limited experience: PGX is significantly more lax than CGC at 4.0 and below.

ennamored. (:
doh!

Yeah, apparently Subby was too busy courting favor with the fairer sex to help Cap, Torch & Toro rescue Bucky from alien invaders... :ohnoez:

284aec41-449e-4581-9eef-6800b31c8448_zps87y7gocp.jpg

Cap gets Bucky through WW II, saving him how many times from Nazis. Peace finally arrives and the kid let's himself get captured by space invaders! doh!

Four fingered ones at that! :o

The little green invaders may be from Timely's funny animal side of the stable cleverly disguised as alien robots.

Also, Bucky appears to be frozen solid. I think he needs the Torch & Toro's help more than Cap's!

...How nightmarish! :fear:

P.S. Recently snagged this sweet Schomburg classic at Chicago Wizard. :cloud9:

Big thanks to Frank (Metropolis) for pulling this for me.

I watched this one for quite a while on their site thinking, "should I?" Great book and I'm glad it went to a boardie! :)

Thanks! Somehow I'd missed this book on their site 'till just before Chicago, but I've been hunting it a long time. :acclaim:

My latest pre pearl harbor Timely. Purchased via ebay. It's in a non cgc holder for the time being.

It's #2 of the 4 Timely comics to hit the newstand December 1940. One week before Cap 1.

21097524259_80d9458169_o.jpg

(data from http://www.dcindexes.com thanks!)

21075540888_038613ebc8_b.jpg

Congrats! :headbang:

Sweet book with a superb Schomburg Torch cover.

Looked up the exact date. This hit the newsstand 12/13/40 humantorch.gif

I definitely agree. I expected it to come back Graded lower, despite looking like a much better book post-press and clean. Good job it didn't come back as trimmed or restored :)
Great book! Congrats! :applause: Gotta love the black cover. :cloud9: