• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Someone tell Singer to get the *profanity filter* off twitter and shoot the damn movie.

I don't have high hopes for it as it is.

Snapping a photo and posting it to Instagram takes three minutes. Settle down, Charlie.

I thought it was Francis. He's not big on anyone touch his property.

It's Gus.

And technology scares me. I thought it takes like 3 hours

Naw, only 2. 4 if you add a filter. ;)

He's a Dapper Dan Man, and he's in a tight spot.

He's two weeks from any place, and all he has is Fop for his hair.

Someone tell Singer to get the *profanity filter* off twitter and shoot the damn movie.

I don't have high hopes for it as it is.

Snapping a photo and posting it to Instagram takes three minutes. Settle down, Charlie.

I thought it was Francis. He's not big on anyone touch his property.

It's Gus.

And technology scares me. I thought it takes like 3 hours

Naw, only 2. 4 if you add a filter. ;)

Then again, Singer might spend a few extra minutes picking the right filter. He's an artiste, remember?

FylIs40.png

Benjamin Malartre Bureau (aka benofk_funko) posted a message on his Instagram account claiming that he spent four "crazy" days on the X-Men: Apocalypse set, that involved hanging out with Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Ben Hardy (Angel), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Nightcrawler), Nicholas Hoult (Beast) and a unnamed French-Canadian actor playing ... The Blob!

Additionally, The Blob/Frederick J. "Fred" Dukes won't be computer-generated nor is there a need for a fat suit as Benjamin estimated that the actor playing the role weighed more than half a ton.

X-MEN's Shawn Ashmore Would Love To Star In An ICEMAN Or GHOST RIDER Movie

"An Iceman solo movie? If Fox would make it then I would do it!" he responded enthusiastically, "I love that character, I love the Marvel universe, especially the last couple of films. I was so excited about Days of Future Past when I heard about that - it was so exciting for me, so if that was ever an opportunity? Absolutely.”

He also revealed that he "would love to play another superhero", should the opportunity arise. "If I could play another superhero… um… it’s so tough... Marvel-wise, I love Nightcrawler and I love Ghost Rider and I don’t know if I’d ever get the chance to play those characters, but I’d love to see another take on Ghost Rider maybe. I love those books."

X-MEN's Shawn Ashmore Would Love To Star In An ICEMAN Or GHOST RIDER Movie

"An Iceman solo movie? If Fox would make it then I would do it!" he responded enthusiastically, "I love that character, I love the Marvel universe, especially the last couple of films. I was so excited about Days of Future Past when I heard about that - it was so exciting for me, so if that was ever an opportunity? Absolutely.”

He also revealed that he "would love to play another superhero", should the opportunity arise. "If I could play another superhero… um… it’s so tough... Marvel-wise, I love Nightcrawler and I love Ghost Rider and I don’t know if I’d ever get the chance to play those characters, but I’d love to see another take on Ghost Rider maybe. I love those books."

hm I'm not sure Ashmore would be badass enough for Ghost Rider. He's almost too cute, and I don't mean that offensively.

New X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Set Vid Shows Storm's Living Conditions

A new behind-the-scenes photo from director Bryan Singer from the set of X-Men: Apocalypse provides a quick glimpse of Storm's (Alexandra Shipp) Cairo, Egypt apartment. In a bit of future movie trivia, Fox is reusing a portion of the set from Roland Emmerich's Stonewall.

Oscar Isaac Says His X-Men: Apocalypse Role Is Like Playing God

During an interview with Paste Magazine, the 36-year-old Marvel mutant explained what it’s like to join the ‘X-Men’ franchise… and hinted at the power of Apocalypse.

“I was a big fan of Star Wars,” he said. “I was also a big fan of X-Men, particularly the villain Apocalypse, so when those parts came around and there was interest for me to do them, I was excited about it. I was excited to explore those worlds. There is something more mythical… basically, you’re playing God. It’s a challenge.”

I didn't know this.

Considered to be the ancestral source of the mutant gene, En Sabah Nur (or Apocalypse as he becomes known) is one of the most powerful mutants in history. Possessing numerous mutant abilities, he has further enhanced himself with Celestial technology… giving himself even greater power.

Essentially, Apocalypse has complete control over the molecules in his body – allowing him to transform himself at will. Along with enhanced abilities such as superhuman strength and the likes of telepathy, telekinesis and the ability to project and absorb energy, he’s a hugely powerful opponent.

Yeah, the armor he wears is Celestial in origin. His ship is also a Celestial ship. They'll obviously be changing the Celestial connection for the movie since they don't have those rights, but he's got a lot of Celestial connections.

This reminds me how much I really enjoyed the Apocalypse Vs Dracula mini-series from a few years ago that really explored a lot of his connections to so many other mutants.

I think he's probably being a bit coy - or dare I say, forgetful? hm But wouldn't he get some sort of kickback from the movies, even very indirectly?

Nothing decisive, but it's been discussed by others.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/18152/does-stan-lee-get-paid-for-his-appearances-in-marvel-movies

Edited by bronze_rules

Looks infinitely better than the original look for him. I mean, god forbid that Fox make their comic characters actually LOOK like the comic characters when it's no more CGI work to make them look right.