• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

Oh my!

Madame Masque Is The AGENT CARTER Season 2 Villain

Here's what Agent Carter showrunners Tara Butters and Chris Dingess told /Film. They're obviously changing Madame Masque's look and backstory to fit the 1940s setting of Agent Carter season 2. " I think we’ve changed the look of her a bit obviously. We’ve made her an actress, which is very Hedy Lamar. She was a ‘40s siren actress who was also a scientific genius, so that’s part of what we’re mining with this character." They also confirmed that the role has already been cast, although they're keeping details under wraps. And what does a female villain mean for Agent Carter? Could this be the start of a rivalvry that lasts decades, say up to Carter's cameo in Ant-Man? "For me it is, because I feel like that is something that… as much as there are not enough female heroes just on television, I feel like having a female villain is just as equally powerful", said Tara. Dingess added, " I also think because she’s a female villain, her story informs Peggy’s story in a unique way and vice versa."

123714.jpg

Agent Carter Season 2 Begins Filming; Producers Talk Madame Masque

In a recent interview with /Film, executive producers Tara Butters and Chris Dingess outlined their plans to bring Madame Masque into Peggy Carter’s world. According to Butters:

“Our villain from the season is very much a Marvel villain that we co-opted a little bit like we did Dr. Fennhoff in the first season… I think we’ve changed the look of her a bit obviously. We’ve made her an actress, which is very Hedy Lamarr. She was a ‘40s siren actress who was also a scientific genius, so that’s part of what we’re mining with this character.”

I always loved the early Madame Masque appearances in Iron Man when I was a kid. This will be interesting.

linM9jX.png

Agent Peggy Carter and the S.S.R. may have triumphed over Leviathan at the end of Agent Carter's first season, but that victory didn't come without a price as they lost several agents including S.S.R. Chief Roger Dooley, who heroically sacrificed his life in order to save the S.S.R.

With his departure, a major position needed to be filled at the S.S.R. and well, now, it looks like it just has as Marvel has released the first production still from the upcoming second season revealing that Agent Daniel Sousa, played by Enver Gjokaj, is now the new S.S.R. Chief and well, Peggy's new boss. Although, if we're being perfectly honest, we all know she's really her own boss.

Agent Carter Season 2 Casts Kurtwood Smith In Major Recurring Role

Agent Carter has cast Kurtwood Smith in a major recurring role, reuniting the actor with showrunners Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas, all of whom worked on Resurrection.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Smith will play “Vernon Masters, a veteran of the War Department with a keen understanding of how to work the system.”

In addition to working with Butters and Fazekas on Resurrection, Smith’s credits also include Robocop and That ‘70s Show.

08-startrek.jpg

Kurtwood Smith will be playing Red Foreman's dad & we'll get to hear about how he killed Nazis & how he'd be happy if his son got a chance to go shoot some Commies! But he'll constantly be calling his son a .

:jokealert:

Edited by Doktor

Ken Marino Cast in Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2

The cast of Agent Carter has found a new villain in Ken Marino, who joins the cast of season two as Joseph Manfredi, Variety reports. The character on the show is described as a "volatile leader in the Maggia crime syndicate" working with Carter's adversaries. It's a recurring role, confirmed by the executive producers and Marvel's head of TV Jeph Loeb. The second season airs early 2016, during Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s winter hiatus.

"At Marvel, even our villains need a certain degree of charm as they make life difficult for our heroes. Ken brings a quality to Joseph Manfredi that only serves to make him even more menacing, adding another layer of depth to our already outstanding supporting cast," Loeb said.

Sundance+Film+Festival+07+Ten+Premiere+Party+KGRVeIy1OgNl.jpg