• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UNCANNY INHUMANS/INHUMAN/KARNAK Thread

83 posts in this topic

Yes there are going to be 2 Inhumans team titles.

Uncanny Inhumans

All-New Inhumans

I did not know about the second one… Not surprising to see it will feature Crystal. When I saw a number of the new characters introduced by Soule were powerful elementals (have you noticed that?) I immediately thought of Crystal and her power over all elements. Let’s hope they keep the quality consistent!

I have been wonderng where she has been, and no I missed that connection about the elements! AVATAR THE LAST INHUMAN!!! LMAO!

Love the Art ! I like stegmans art as well on this run.

LASH%20ART_zpsn7ngrsva.jpg

That Joe Madureira "Lash" page though........man........that is awesome.

Can't wait for him to show up!

williglash-149053.jpg

Edited by UltraMaximus

I have just browsed/quickly read Inhumanity (which I had but had not read yet) and I must say I really do not like Fraction's writing.

Soule had to bring back Karnak which apparently

commits a strange kind of "suicide" at the end of Inhumanity #1. Not only I dislike the idea, but also it’s not explained at all, and when Karnak opens his eyes, in an issue of Inhuman, he finds himself in a sort of "infernal dimension" together with the Capo, which had been literally "drunk" by Lineage. But while the Capo apparently dies as it is "assimilated" by Lineage, how is the body of Karnak supposed to be in this place when we see his corpse lying on the ground at the end of Inhumanity #1? This "suicide" thing left a bad taste in my mouth, and it is also uncalled for and unexplained. It reminds me of the worst Bendis, when he knows how to write badly for Marvel. :sick:

1st 2 seasons are slow, and totally about world building, but the end of season 2 shows us the start of creating the Secret Warriors, and the terrigen making it into food supplies! Season 3 will be full of Inhumans! Lots of Powered people will be making it on the show! If you can stick through it as slow as it is, you get to see the birth of the gifted people of the MCU. Pretty cool IMO.

Now as for Karnak's "Death", it was just like any other comic book death, temporary and will be ignored because of bad writing. Fraction did some great stuff with Hawkeye, but I agree with your opinion of Inhumanty #1.

Bradshaw Variant of Inhumanity #1 BTW:

Inhumanity_1_150_Nick_Bradshaw_Variant_310874892.jpg

Edited by UltraMaximus

I understand what you are saying about Karnak, but aside from the fact that I find deeply offputting this childish idea of "hell dimensions" (hell in the sense of damnation has nothing to do with these), that "suicide" in the end is not a suicide.

He speaks with Medusa, and supposedly Medusa should understand that "she has to forget many things she held for true" in order to guide the Inhumans through this time of change, but then nothing is explained, and at the beginning of issue #2 it’s like nothing happened. :sick:

Fraction is a weird one, as a Marvel writer. Some elements of his FF were definitely good, but most was bad, and full of low-profile things. Probably he does not feel attuned to drama – there are no longer writer serious about dramatic elements, aside from a few – Soule in this sense is a breathe of fresh air as he even manages to pull it when he is ironic and humorous. See Thunderbolts, and I would like to read his She-Hulk too.

Bradshaw: Ugh! He has some nice moments, but #2 is really badly drawn, IMO. Different inkers probably do not help…

Is McNiven done on this book already?

Patrick

McNiven is done on Uncanny Inhumans, Peterson has been doing art the last 2 issues. Uncanny Inhumans #6 was released today too, but waiting on my Women Of Power Variant to arrive via mail.

No surprise about McNiven not doing the art anymore. Marvel only pays the big talent for launches, then sends in the other guys to take over and blame when the sales drop because the launch artist was bringing something good to the book.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

I dropped it when I didn't see him on the title.

I hoped it was short term so he could get a head start on some issue.

Guess the 1st few will go in my punt box.

Patrick

It's not like they pulled him to do Civil War II. That I could understand.

Still, Uncanny is the better book of the 2. All New is getting better, but they had to pull Spider-Man into it to try and jump readership.

my new unicron since I sold my Minaro Inhuman #1 is the All New Inhumans #5 1:100 Hip Hop.

So the 3 Inhumans centric titles have a few more issues out, I hope more of you are picking them up.

Uncanny is up to issue #7, and seems to thread more of the Inhuman volume into the current story (I like).

Ellis' Karnak is the Superior Inhumans book right now though, even delayed and only 3 issues in, it reads so well.

Edited by UltraMaximus

http://marvel.com/news/comics/26315/introducing.mosaic?linkId=25738115

Sure, they are Hyping up a new character appearing in Uncanny Inhumans #11, so I figured might as well bump the discussion for the newbs! lol

Also, DID YOU SEE KARNAK vs Iron Man In Civil War II? He was totally owning Tony in that fight. Terrigenesis not required.